SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have about 1700 miles on my 690SMC. the rear tire will be shot by probably 3k. so far the front looks fine and will probably look fine even at 3k. they are the Pirelli dragon supercorsa pro tires.

i'll have two choices.

1. replace both and give the conti-force SM tires a try

2. replace the rear tire with the same rear tire again.

is there a reason to replace the front if it still has plenty of tread left? is there a certain number of heat cycles the tire is good for or anything like that? the bike is street riden only, no track time but i do like to corner.

·
Registered
952 Posts
i have about 1700 miles on my 690SMC. the rear tire will be shot by probably 3k. so far the front looks fine and will probably look fine even at 3k. they are the Pirelli dragon supercorsa pro tires.

i'll have two choices.

1. replace both and give the conti-force SM tires a try

2. replace the rear tire with the same rear tire again.

is there a reason to replace the front if it still has plenty of tread left? is there a certain number of heat cycles the tire is good for or anything like that? the bike is street riden only, no track time but i do like to corner.
You dont really have to worry about heat cycles on a street tire, they design them for that kind of wear. What you do have to worry about is the profile, its amazing how different the profile gets with the more miles.

Either way should be fine, mostly just depends if you want to switch or stick with what you got.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You dont really have to worry about heat cycles on a street tire, they design them for that kind of wear. What you do have to worry about is the profile, its amazing how different the profile gets with the more miles.

Either way should be fine, mostly just depends if you want to switch or stick with what you got.
i like the tires that are on the bike. they feel great to me. i just don't wanna throw out the front if its still good. but i also don't want to waste money on the just the rear if i should buy both. i can get a set of the conti's for pretty much the same price of just the pirelli rear. so i'll do whatever is best.

·
Registered
319 Posts
with the aprilia rsvr's most of the guys that ran pirellis went through two rears to one front with the diablo corsas. so we usually run a corsa in the front and a regular diablo in the rear. but you'll be just fine replacing just the rear as long as you're sticking with the same model tires front and rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts