SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
319 Posts
I think it looks pretty tough like it is! but if you wanted, you could use a sticker pin-stripe to see if you like it, and if not just peel it back off.

· Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
keithspoon70,i used automotive urethane basecoat clearcot for the gloss black then used a rattle can for the flat black.the gas tank is metal so the urethane holds up great since there is no vapors coming through like on a plastic tank.dirtyd851,yea i would use pinstripe tape on it so if it looked ugly i could peel it off.maybe i will try some tomorrow.

· Registered
8,635 Posts
Has any one ever tried adding foam to the seat to give it a flatter profile like a MXer.....or cut the bottom subframe arms to lower the rear of the seat making it flatter?

It looks like you sit inside the bike instead of on it.

· Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i wish i was taller but im 5,11 220lbs and had to cut my seat down since i use my bike for commuting so much.the xr doesnt have a removable subframe but i guess i could always cut and weld it lower.hmmm.i like the flatter seats too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.