SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just made a discovery and thought it was worth sharing. I have been trying to clean up the look of my bike and figured I would remove the factory warning stickers all over the place (after having noted their importance:hmmm:). I struggled for ages with plastic scrapers cause I didn't want to risk using solvents and messing with the paint. Mostly by fluke I discovered that kerosene works absolute wonders in the removal process. Just a tiny bit on the edge you start on, it lubricates the scraper so it glides under the sticker (add a bit as you go). My stickers had no substance and crumbled, coming off in little tiny bits. The kerosene won't take off the sticker residue left behind but it saved ages on just getting the sticker off (unfortunately I didn't discover this until I was on the last decal!). I haven't tried this on plastic though so I'm not sure how it would work. Doesn't look like it did anything to painted metal though (it's just a light oil), but it'd be worth trying somewhere discreet first.

Hope this is helpful!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Get a can of carb and choke cleaner, it will take all the residue with the sticker. Soak it, start at one end and then keep spraying at the end you are scraping. Works great! :thumbup:

·
Registered
525 Posts
WD-40 and foam filter cleaner afterward.

·
Registered
184 Posts
easy removal

get a hair dryer and heat it up and it'll pell right off with no residue left over :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I gotta agree with kerosene. I used to use jet fuel (which is just kerosene) as a quick fix to get decal junk or whatever off the side of planes. Always worked like a charm.

·
Registered
573 Posts
WD-40 and foam filter cleaner afterward.
That's what I've always used - well, just the wd-40 and then wiped down with some windex or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts