SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm taking my bike too see the girfriend who's at uni in manchester, The ride there is boring as hell if taking motorways but will take forever if I take the A roads instead. Luckily next too Manchester is next to the Peak District so am planning on coming back via there on the Sunday ride home. I've done long distance on single's before and remember well it driving me crazy being stuck on the motorway for ages. Any ideas, was wondering what other supermoto riders have done stuck in the same predicament, and if anyone else has played with their suspension settings too help dampen any high-speed weave.

Any thoughts/ideas more than welcome, if there's enough response I'd like too hope this thread could become a go-to resource for anyone planning on taking their bike far.

SMS630 '10 In London town UK :coffee::Funny::clap::rofl::bannana:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I never changed any suspension setting but what I have done is get my luggage off my person. I used to just wear a backpack but I figured on my last trip I would wear this camel back Ive had from my mountain bike. So I put a small tail bag on and I tell ya the freedom is nice. To top it off the camel back is also very nice, you'd be amazed how just taking a sip of something mid ride can take alot of stress off. Was the best thing I ever did to make my long trips more civil.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Ya backpacks are only good for around town. Long rides, like more than 30min, and your shoulders and back will be screamin! If they are light, then its not a huge deal for longer rides, the weight is what kills ya..

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Everything already mentioned, plus an iPod and a good comfy seat.

·
Registered
86 Posts
On any ride longer than about 10 minutes I wear earplugs; they definitely make a noticeable difference in long-term fatigue (aside from saving your hearing).

On longer rides (2+ hours) I also wear a camelbak, and I wouldn't go without it. If you're going to be on the bike for 2-4 hours at a time, it's a necessity.

Getting gear off your body and onto the bike is also a good tip. A tankbag and some small saddlebags work very well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts