SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do the vin numbers show the people at city hall the cc's of the bike when registering it because i want to register it as a 250 because you dont need a title in maine

·
Registered
185 Posts
haha wtf. yes. and so does the 448cc stamp on the cylinder.
Yeah? And? As if they look at that stuff in Maine? They're a different breed up there & if you're from there, you should know that. Registering a bike in Maine is a joke. You'd be amazed at just how little you need to make it happen. If California is the hardest place to get non street legal bikes titled (it sounds like it is) then Maine is the opposite. The stamp on the cylinder? Please. Those people at the Maine DMV don't even get out of their chair to look at anything. Fill out the form. Pay the money. "have a nice day".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Two or four what’s the difference there both numbers right? Besides the guy you bought it from told you it was a 250.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you register a 450 bike as a 250 what would happen if a cop stops you for speeding, or something, and finds that the registration doesn't match the bike?

If the bike gets stolen, how would you report the theft to the police?

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
If you register a 450 bike as a 250 what would happen if a cop stops you for speeding, or something, and finds that the registration doesn't match the bike?

If the bike gets stolen, how would you report the theft to the police?

The registration will match the bike.. same vin just the title will say 250cc instant of 450cc

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the only thing you need in insurance so im really wondering if the vin is going to show up in anyone systems as being a 450 before i get the plate? and there will be no title because its smaller than 300ccs

·
Registered
364 Posts
the cop won't know anyway. 250's and 450's have the same basic dimensions.
Some cops know.... my luck, I would get pulled over by the one that knows.
I vote do it the right way and then don't worry about it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Get insurance for what it is, 450. Make a mistake when you register it as a 250. If necessary, get insurance for a 250, register, then change insurance to a 450. I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Plus I don't know if you plan to resell it, but when you do and want to sell it street-titled, then they get out of Maine's DMV and try to register it where people get off their ass and have a clue, and they're going to get screwed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts