SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Round #3 at JRP Speedway in Tulsa, was a huge success. The largest event thus far. We would like to thank EVERYONE, racers and spectators, for choosing to spend their day with us. We (Johnny & I) thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Once again, Alf has stepped up and supported Oklahoma SuperBikers and it's members. For this, we are very grateful. Thanks Alf!

With this all in mind.

The fourth and final round will be held at JRP in Tulsa on August 3rd!

We will be changing the direction and configuration of both the dirt and asphalt sections of the track for this round. Keeping it interesting!

So, jot the date down and plan to attend. Let's make this final round another huge success and a building block to base future Supermoto races on!

Stay tuned!

Thank you,

Mike Toole
Oklahoma SuperBikers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the turnout of the series thus far, as good as it was, the higher expense of the awesome Texas tracks, is not within our reach. YET! We had hoped and planned on a couple Texas rounds. In fact, we are still talking and looking for options in Texas for any upcoming SUMO series. If you know of existing tracks you would like me to contact, please provide their contact info via PM and I will gladly discuss any options with them.
We apologize for the fluid situation with the Red River Supermoto Series. However, the challenges of SUMO racing sometimes gets in the way of our plans. We are still and will stay committed to the sport and will always make the following statement "We will line up and Race". Even though we may have to change the "when and where" from time to time.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any preferences in the Texas area? Dallas, Houston, etc.? As we look for possible venues, it is a crapshoot to guess where the sm riders are and how far they will travel. Any insight or help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
MT

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm in central Texas, but Dallas, Houston, San Antonio are only a couple hours in different directions. I don't think that's too far to go for a race. The problem is getting a track to let you run supermoto on it. I think it's like the area I came from in California. Once someone gets a chance to see what it's all about, they will start to come out. Then it just blows up crazy.

I see dirt bikes in the back of trucks around here all the time. If they see what else they can do with them, they will eventually come out and ride.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have ridden all the tracks in Houston and Dallas area either Cresson's small track or Grand Sport Speedway is the only two worth riding Motards on.
It would be killer if you could get in at Grand Sport http://www.grandsportspeedway.com/
only problem is there is no dirt, but I have talked to the track manager and he is open to all ideas...You might to try and get in touch with him.
Ohh ans Oakhill is a decent track as well but it has a few to many long straights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dirt is in place! Layout is finalized. Hanging banners and placing tires today and RACING TOMORROW!!! Hope to see all of you there!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well.... It is all over. Another great day of racing was had. I want to thank everyone who chose to race with us for this first SM series. I enjoyed meeting all of you. It turned out to be a great bunch of racers and family. Made all the work more worth while. A heartfelt thanks to you all.

·
Registered
140 Posts
we roadrace at oakhill raceway in henderson tx. its a small, tight, technical track, with lots of land around it. its alot like hallett. it would make a good true supermoto track. its about 3 hours from austin, but closer than OK. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts