SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cracked mine jumping stairs. Tried to fix it but its not ridding right.
Anyone have recommendations on a new front wheel and where to get it?
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hubs are good. that is probably a cheaper option than buying a whole new wheel. . Any advice on which ones to get? Do i need special tools? Never rebuilt a wheel. Thanks in advance for the knowledge.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rim , spokes , nipples ,a spoke wrerch aaaaand wheel balancing tool. Other than that take your time don't rush it, there is no reason to.

If you can have someone do it for you its cheaper and probably safer for starters.
But if you are handy with tools and wrenching then it's not a problem.

Get a 4,5 Excel rim if you are a street rider. If track day's are in store for the future, stick a fat 5 incher to the Italian slut so you can fit proper sm tyres on.

Have fun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I cracked mine jumping stairs. Tried to fix it but its not ridding right.
Anyone have recommendations on a new front wheel and where to get it?
thanks in advance.
Stock husky hubs won’t lace up to normal excel rims
call Buchanan they will custom drill you one and will make spokes too if you need them or you can just send them your hub and have them lace it for you too prob the easiest route

·
Registered
10 Posts
As a SM610 owner who has broken both front and rear rims now, Buchanan is the way. I have my rear being rebuilt by them now. Its not exactly cheap, but its better than a whole new wheel and their Sun Rim is an affordable option that is really strong. I will say though that on my 610 front wheel rebuild I needed to sand/mill the back of the front break caliper to clear the spokes.It seemed crazy as I did it, but 4 years and a full rebuild of the caliper later it hasn't failed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts