SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed last night that when I pick up on the a$$ end that there is play. Very similar to the play that you have on dirt bikes from a bearing in the rear shock linkage. If you've ever had this problem then you'll know what I'm talking about. I can pick up on the rear end and there is about 1/4" - 1/2" of play. I located the point where it is happening. It's in front of the rear shock where the subframe (if you would call it that)/ gas tank bolts to the trellis frame. Has any one else noticed this? I've picked up the rear end several time to move it around where steering just doesn't cut it and because I park her in the house. Yes in the house, I don't have a garage and I sure as hell am not going to leave her outside for someone to steal. :arsenal

·
Registered
569 Posts
i haven't notice, but haven't installed the grab bars to pick it up, are you just grabbing the fender/tail light area or did you put on the grab bars?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i haven't notice, but haven't installed the grab bars to pick it up, are you just grabbing the fender/tail light area or did you put on the grab bars?
I'm grabbing the fender. If you will notice on either side under the fender there are indentions that fit your finger tips perfectly. I'm assuming KTM did this for just that reason. I don't think it would matter if you have the gab bars on or not, the same point would be stressed. I don't have the grab bars on my bike and I'm not sure if I'm going to install them or not b/c you have to drill two holes on either side of the fender/ number plate. I think that they might end up looking pretty good on the bike but I'm still debating the install. I'll probably end up putting them on b/c my son likes to ride with me plus it would be a good place to fasten a bunjee in case you decide to take an extra helmet for all the ladies you're going to pull on the one of a kind kick a$$ machine you're sportin.:thumbup:

·
Registered
599 Posts
holy crap that is not good.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not loose at all on mine.

Just picked it up Monday, 100 miles on it, I just grabbed the subframe area and tried to move it, not the least bit of movement. There must be some fastener point that has loosened on yours. I'll watch for this on mine.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Mine is loose as well but all the bolts seem tight, Maybe it's built in play due to the fuel tank?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts