SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was setup for dirt about 3 days ago and the suspension was fairly soft. so fast forward 2 days and i turned the extention in on the very bottom about 3 clicks out and also messed with the compression a bit to make it alot more street friendly/stiffer and smoother ride.
i never ran it with anything all the way turned in mind you.
it was feeling pretty good and then i noticed yesterday it took a crap and thats when it went to 100% spring out of nowhere,it was just riding on spring and thats it. no fluid residue anywhere. it just went out and stopped working. so i let it sit for a bit then took off and road home with it to get it checked out. then when i get home after it sits again, it goes back to feeling how it was before. nice and solid and plush. didnt touch anything. it just all of a sudden went back to normal.

im tempted to just leave it and see if it happenes again, then take it off and send it in if it does happen.

any thoughts?
low on nitrogen?
low on fluid?
messed up valving?

any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
815 Posts
if it happened once, it will happen again. time for a rebuild.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I don't mess with suspension.....send it to Dave at Fastbikeindustries.com:thumbup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
This is a known issue with the sachs shocks. I've had two brand new Huskys (08 & 09) and both did this. It needs to be sent out and fixed. I sent mine to Les and he fixed it. Beware though, not all suspension guys are aware of this and it is a specific thing that needs to be addressed, not just a basic rebuild.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a known issue with the sachs shocks. I've had two brand new Huskys (08 & 09) and both did this. It needs to be sent out and fixed. I sent mine to Les and he fixed it. Beware though, not all suspension guys are aware of this and it is a specific thing that needs to be addressed, not just a basic rebuild.
thanks guys,appreciate it. i figured thats what i would get is to just send it in.
the compression/rebound shouldnt of had anything to do with it messing up should it?
and what needs to be addressed red?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Anyone know if the TC450 Ohlins shock from the 06-08 model year will swap over to the SMR450? If so that would be a better replacement than bothering with the Sachs IMO.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone know if the TC450 Ohlins shock from the 06-08 model year will swap over to the SMR450? If so that would be a better replacement than bothering with the Sachs IMO.
thanks red and yea. i was thinking the same thing shotgun. could probably pick up a used one for not to much.

·
Registered
206 Posts
thanks red and yea. i was thinking the same thing shotgun. could probably pick up a used one for not to much.
I'm always looking for people parting out their bikes but I have yet to see any TC models being parted. Know of anyone?

I wonder how much the Ohlins goes for when new? Alternately, I've heard that you usually get a better shock if you get it aftermarket (ie: direct from Ohlins or reseller) than getting the stock Ohlins unit. For example: on my aprilia tuono you could get the super special race-replica version of the bike and it came with front and back Ohlins and an Ohlins damper, but if you looked at the features they didn't have as many adjustments as the Ohlins you'd get for the same bike if you were to buy it from a non-aprilia specific upgrade. Does that make sense? Anyway... point being that maybe a non-TC Ohlins would be better than a TC-Ohlins from the Husky parts catalog. :headscrat

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I'm always looking for people parting out their bikes but I have yet to see any TC models being parted. Know of anyone?

I wonder how much the Ohlins goes for when new? Alternately, I've heard that you usually get a better shock if you get it aftermarket (ie: direct from Ohlins or reseller) than getting the stock Ohlins unit. For example: on my aprilia tuono you could get the super special race-replica version of the bike and it came with front and back Ohlins and an Ohlins damper, but if you looked at the features they didn't have as many adjustments as the Ohlins you'd get for the same bike if you were to buy it from a non-aprilia specific upgrade. Does that make sense? Anyway... point being that maybe a non-TC Ohlins would be better than a TC-Ohlins from the Husky parts catalog. :headscrat
Check with Fugi's factory in Delaware....he is an E-bay seller and is always parting out Husky's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts