SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i ride a sm610, have the rear brake adjusted down as far as possible but find it damn hard to use it without taking my whole foot off the peg, especially when wearing my MX boots. this in turn makes it mega hard to modulate the rear brake, and creating the difficulties. i find it hard to do even in shoes unless i'm sitting way back on the seat. its like i need the peg to be a bit higher but dont have any adjustablity that way. i'm 6'1" with 32 inseam. anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
544 Posts
no suggestions, but I'm curious as well. It isn't a problem for me on right hand turns, but left turns are hard for me to control w/ the rear brake as well. Curious to hear the responses...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Same here.. adjusted mine as low as the clevis allows, but still need to lift the foot off the peg, or bend my ankle at an uncomfortable angle. No way to cover the rear brake for emergencies (lots of deer around where I ride).

Problem seems to come from the dirt bike heritage. Pedal is positioned high so you can work the brake while standing, I assume?

Anyone got a answer for street riding?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm considering cutting and welding my brake arm, we'll see if i wanna take it that far. apparently no one has any other suggestions tho

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anoxion,
Same trouble here, I come from a street back ground (though I rode dirt as a kid) and am having a hard time getting used to the position. Especially when weighting the front of the bike!

However, I have noticed that even the pro's when racing tend to have their heal up off the peg when modulating the brake coming into a corner hard... even when backing it in.
Sorry that not much help, but I've kind of convinced myself I just have to adapt.

Any advice would be great...

ok, i ride a sm610, have the rear brake adjusted down as far as possible but find it damn hard to use it without taking my whole foot off the peg, especially when wearing my MX boots. this in turn makes it mega hard to modulate the rear brake, and creating the difficulties. i find it hard to do even in shoes unless i'm sitting way back on the seat. its like i need the peg to be a bit higher but dont have any adjustablity that way. i'm 6'1" with 32 inseam. anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Could this be a opportunity for a new product. Different or re-designed clevis pin? Longer or shorter cable? Different, redesigned lever? Offset footpegs? Just tossing it out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts