SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put new grips and handlebars on the ol Dizzer and had quite the time removing the pos stock grip from the throttle tube. I know some people have complained about how much it sucks getting the grip off, and I ran into the same problem. Suzuki must of used some amazing adhesive when putting the grip on the throttle tube or they were never meant to come off in the first place, either way I got them off. After 20 minutes of cussing and using a screwdriver and scraping the remainder off with a knife I finally got most of the grip off. Wow did that suck!

Oh and in before "Cool story bro."

Pic of whats left from the stock grip.

After getting most of the shit off

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Het, it's better than having a spinny-grip. That'll aggravate you. I usually can get them off with a razor. But I use silver spraypaint and safety wire to hold them on.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, true. I didn't even use any grip glue or other stuff to stick my new pillow tops on. There was still a bunch of rubber left on the tube for the new grips to stick to. :lol:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yeah... I got pissed and just went to cycle gear and bought a new throttle tube for ten bucks lol.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
I read about this, and wasn't about to go through the cussing and effort. Picked up a Zeta tube from Forrest at Wheeling for $7, well worth it. Props to you for being persistent though.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I considered just ordering a new tube, but didn't feel like waiting. I'm a cheapass too. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts