SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm not beating horrible on my bike, but I'm riding it more spirited everyday. I'm changing the oil every 4-500 miles, regular mc oil, but I'll be switching soon to Syn.

My question: This bike has around 7500 miles on it, is not jetted or piped yet it runs strong. The spark plug appears normal everytime I check it. I find small bits of metal filings after each oil change.. What would you say is the average interval between engine rebuilds? What does this all consist of? Cost? Can I get away with reusing the stock crank?

I'm sure a ton of Husky 450 and 510 folks are wondering the same thing. I know what the manual says for these race bikes, but many of us aren't exactly racing them.
Thanks a ton.
Jordan

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you already have 7500 on it you are probly golden for a while. From what i see they either blow up at like 2000 miles or people have great luck and they are goin strong at 20,000. Its all about how you ride and maintain it. My '07 510 is at like 4700 and I ride it at a normal pace on the street and never really beat it to death or track it, I drop the oil and filter / screens every 500 and use Agip 10/60. Hopefully it goes good for a loooong time. I wouldnt worry to much about the "you NEED to do a top end by 5000 crowd" just run it. Mabey do a compression test every once in a while for your piece of mind. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts