SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just looked at the breathers on my 2014 CRF 450x as I wanted to fit a longer hose looped round the headstock to prevent the air box filling up with oil during long wheelies.
I can see two breathers, one off the valve cover and one off the back of the barrel, I would've expected them to be tee'd together with a third hose venting to the air box but the one off the barrel goes into a tee piece with one hose directed to the bottom of the bike and one to the rear shock top mount area of the frame both venting to atmosphere. The one off the valve cover goes into a tee piece which directs a hose to the airbox and another to the bottom of the bike with a drain plug blocking it.
Can I just join the hoses from the valve cover and barrel directly together with a tee piece and a third hose looped round the headstock and back to the airbox for venting?
I'm guessing the one on the barrel vents the crankcase and I don't really want oil pouring out of it and going all over the rear tyre.
Another thing I was surprised at is there seems to be no vent for the transmission, is there no need for one or is there actually one there that I can't see??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts