SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had a chance to ride around extensively on my just purchased used 2007 SM 610 this past weekend. I gotta say that this bike is ridiculously fun and really the perfect solution for the pock-ridden streets of NYC. I don't miss my Ducati superbike one bit.

Anyway, did some searches here and there and found that many people here use a variety of aftermarket parts, but I wanted to get an up-to-date short list of "preferred" parts for this bike. Specifically, I wanted to get some suggestions on the following: bar-end sliders, oil filters (K&N or HiFlo?), mirrors that fit factory mounts (mine came without, no CRG's for me - need max visibility), smaller turn signals, handlebars, and whatever else comes to mind.

More importantly, where are the best places to buy online (East coast preferred)?

Also, is there a 2007 manual online? Found the 2006 through a search - is it the same?

Finally, bike has got a modified Two Bros carbon exhaust running straight-through paired with a JD jet kit... nice pipe but pops and bangs quite a bit on decel, which I understand is somewhat normal... and I'm still tweaking the air/fuel screw and carbs. To that end, was thinking of fitting a slip-on Leo Vince - would that quiet down the popping a bit?

Thanks, and sorry if these are repeat newbie questions ;)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I ran a 45 pilot with the JD kit. I still had some decel popping, but it was acceptable. If you are adjusting the fuel screw more than 3 turns consider changing the pilot jet.

You might also check to see if you have an obvious leak some where on the exhaust. It doesn't have to seal perfectly, but crack or hole some where is going to make it pop too. Changing the muffler isn't a remedy unless you have an exhaust leak somewhere.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've been using the 06 manual for my 07 and have not run into any problems. Congrats on the new bike and post some pictures of that custom Two Brothers exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts