SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for people to ride in the Raleigh area. Just finished a wr450 and am looking for other competent riders. PM or reply.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm just east of Raleigh, in Knightdale. But what would you consider a competent rider?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm usually tarding around Raleigh here and there, got a Husky SM610.

Yea what's the definition of competent?

I personally just started riding last fall and don't have too many miles under me (3000ish on a motorcycle, 10k+ on scooter) so on that note I would definitely not consider myself very competent. But I'm not a young gun trying to prove myself out there either and like to have fun as long as it's under the speed limit. I don't know how to wheelie (but my 610 does) and don't plan on doing that on open road, and would overall call myself a responsible rider. I've not ridden in dirt really at all but would like to learn/experience this very soon, and haven't ridden in a group but once, and that was on my Ruckus (a scooter).

:bowdown: I'd like to learn the ways oh wise ones, so long as I have a mentor.
Or I'll just go out and figure it out for myself, but I would think it's more fun with others.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Right on man. That's a great choice of a motard for sure. This will mark my 3rd full year of riding supermoto, and I'll tell you for sure it's wayy more fun when riding with others! There's another Raleigh thread in the local meetups. Seems like there's a handful of guys in the area. Scope out that thread, maybe we can set up some rides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts