SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 klx250sf, I'm 200 pound the person I bought the bike from was shorter and a lot skinnier so he had it lowered. This is my first bike I was wondering if I just tightened up the rear spring it would raise the seat height.

Ps the person that sold it to me claims he only cut the front fork springs and had it revaled that's all

Any help I would really appriecate it Thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
they may have either put a spacer in the actual shock on the shaft to keep it from fully expanding, or threw a lowering link on it. look and see if the linkage on the swinger is stock or if it looks aftermarket. if its stock, there may be a spacer inside the shock that will need to be removed.

·
Registered
534 Posts
They SHOULD have done what was said above which is putting a spacer on the cartridge rod as well as making a new grove on the cartridge for the spring seat.

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Call MX Tech or Race Tech, tell them your weight and they will send you a new rear spring for your weight for the shock....double check and make sure the rear linkage (dog bones) are stock length....send off your forks to either company who ever is closest and have them do your front forks....its gonna cost you a few hundred bucks in total but its done correctly and give you a very nice secure ride for your bike...safe as well...
you will not get the desired effect If you try to crank up the rear shock...There is a guy here local to me who is also very good....If you pm me I will get you his name...he is cheap and does very good work...:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks alot people !!!! I appreciate the help and advice. im from Brooklyn NY so theres a shop name kings cycles i called them they said any where from $300.00 to $400.00 they'll have to take a look at it before they give me a set price.

ill keep you guys posted on price
THANKS AGAIN !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts