SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live in Southern Florida and have to keep my SM outside. Are there serious consequences to my bike being exposed to lots of rain? I figure I need to sack it up and just buy a cover for it, but nonetheless my bike has been rained on pretty hard the last two weeks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Make sure you keep it well lubed. The engine mount bolts, swing arm pivot and suspension linkage will corrode if you don't. The steering head bearings might also need attention. And don't forget the chain. Pull all the bolts out, smear some grease on them and put them back in.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Put some grease on the adjusting screws at the bottom of your forks. I ride as much as I can in the winter and there's a lot of road salt. The lower fork ends start to pit very quickly with salt. If you catch it early, it is preventable. Best thing to do, though, would be to get a cover and wash the bike as much as you can.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put some grease on the adjusting screws at the bottom of your forks. I ride as much as I can in the winter and there's a lot of road salt. The lower fork ends start to pit very quickly with salt. If you catch it early, it is preventable. Best thing to do, though, would be to get a cover and wash the bike as much as you can.
I live about 15 miles from the coast so salty-air exposure isn't an issue. The only thing salty around me are the women.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts