SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Probably not D.O.T rated. I don't think that stops most people. Did it say 20Watts? That would definitely suck after dark.

·
Registered
648 Posts
that's the setup Langston Racing and Motostrano sell. Langston calls it the Black Mamba. Motostrano site says they have upgraded 35 watt bulbs to make it brighter. Unsure on the DOT, but my guess is no.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
i had the acerbis version of that on my stunt bike.... i replaced the bulbs with 55w ones. it was a lot better than the ones it comes with... but still crap compared to stock

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, well the thing is im converting a 560smr to street, so it doesnt have a street title. I have to make everything nice and legal at least to begin with for the inspection :(

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
i was looking for something a little different and found the polisport mmx headlight for 52.00.it has a 35-35 bulb.i havent tried it at night yet but its dot approved which is good enough for me since i dont ride at night very often.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya the mmx looks good. shoot i guess i could do what you said swatdoc but im pinchn pennies to get this project done!

·
Registered
448 Posts
the Acerbis Cyclopes is an excellent headlight... i believe its DOT approved, and has a good low beam, and VERY good high beam. Not just another flood light like most of those little round lights are.... It has purpose built reflectors that generate a useable pattern.

I think i'm running a 55/65 in mine.... can't remember exactly.

·
Registered
448 Posts
why? is a light with a number plate - originally designed for either dualsport or dirt or street application on a dirtbike type motorcycle... it may not look quite right on a supermoto, but its the best light for the buck out there especially compared to similar lights.

i'm sure other more expensive lights will do better, but for the money, its the best i've found.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts