SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with the billet Brembo radial mount caliper hitting the spokes. I have a 350-17 excel rim with talon hub,ebc rotor,and QTM caliper bracket. The bike is an 08 YZ250F.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I did on my KTM. I have the cast radial mount Brembo. It needs to be milled down to work properly. I called QTMi and luckily, they were getting a batch ready to mill. I shipped it to them and had it back in less than 2 weeks for around $50 + shipping.

When I got it back, it fit perfectly. It not has plenty of clearance between the spokes and the caliper.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
installed one on the 06 yzf 450 with a talon excell set up as well, rubbed on the spokes. took the whole set up to a machinist close by, he milled the back of the caliper alittle at a time, while we fit it to the mount verifying how much we could safely take off. worked like a charm. i was warned by john at qtmi to not take too much off the back as you could go through the caliper and ruin it. be carefull if you go this route. ski

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
No, if you buy from qtm directly, it comes milled already. You only need a bracket if your stock forks are not radial mount (i.e. Japanese bikes). I bought mine from a member here and it wasn't machined down, so QTM let me ship it to them so they could include it with a batch they were going to do. I went this route because they know exactly how much to machine off and no guess work was involved. Brembo does not sell radial caliper halves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts