SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This year at Crail as part of the Scottish Supermoto Championship, there is a new class being run to encourage new riders into the sport. The class is for production based road legal supermoto bikes with an MOT and road legal tyres. The class (if more than 6 entries) will run in their own race without using the dirt section used by the main classes. Riders will be free to race in the main races as well at no extra cost and to use the dirt when they get enough confidence.

The rules are fairly simple. the bike has to be road legal with an MOT (if applicable) & road legal tyres. It must not be a converted motocross bike and must have been originally sold as a road legal supermoto bike. Lights and all the other road legal stuff may be removed for the racing. The sort of bikes this would include would be :

Suzuki DRZ
KTM LC4
Yamaha XT 660
SXV etc.

...even hypermotards will be eligible. Full machine regulations are available on the website at

http://www.scottishsupermoto.com/20...C-Scottish-Supermoto-Tar-Class-Conditions.pdf

Unfortuately an opportunity has been missed for the big capacity bikes at the power circuit of Ingliston and we are back to the tight and twisty Crail for Round 2. Round 2 will take place over the weekend of the 10th/ 11th of April and (if sufficient entries) will run seperately to the main classes, unlike Round 1 as the dirt sections will be used by the main classes. Riders will also be able to enter those classes if they feel up to it, although it could mean 6 races in a day.

Round one saw 4 entries, 2 DRZs and 2 KTM LC4s. Unfortunately one of the LC4s didn't make the grid due to mechanical difficulties.

I will be going on various forums of street based moto riders to try and promote this and get the entries up. We need at least 6 bikes to justify the seperate races at the next round.

The cost of the days racing will be £60 (£100 if you want to race the whole weekend) with £10 for a day licence (£45 for the year) and a further £10 for ESKC membership for the day (Annual £100, although this allows open access to the track on free weekends and during the week). For this you will have a 20 minute practice/ qualifying session, and 3x15 minute races. There may also be additional trackday sessions thrown in if time allows. Riders will also be allowed to enter the main races at no extra cost (these will include dirt sections), so plenty of track time available. We use transponders at crail that can be hired, however as we will run seperate to the main classes, it is likely these can be borrowed from other riders.

If you are interested, please email me on [email protected] and I'll ensure you have all the information you need.

Richard

·
Registered
18 Posts
this on in 2012

as the title says:
this still on in 2012? and also, is this still for only original SM's or are converted enduro's aloud yet? (like my XR650)

best rgds robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts