SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have RM125 forks I need to set up for my weight (280+ lbs) and aggresive riding style. There is no one around me that even knows what sumo's are, let alone getting help from a shop to redo my suspension for SM....hell they can't even figure out MX stuff.

I am slowly becoming a DIY guy and want to wade into the dark releam of suspension tuning. I seen 'how to' DVDs on the Race Tech website and want to buy them. Has anyone see or used these DVDs to learn how to work on suspension? I called them but they are closed.

Happy (early) Independance Day by they way!! :thumbup: :clap:

·
Registered
648 Posts
If you buy a set of goldvalves from RaceTech, it will come with a DIY install video and an '800' number (and a web address with access code) to help get you set to your weight/riding style. They are a little more helpful on the phone since I dont know if 'supermoto' is listed on the site.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you buy a set of goldvalves from RaceTech, it will come with a DIY install video and an '800' number (and a web address with access code) to help get you set to your weight/riding style. They are a little more helpful on the phone since I dont know if 'supermoto' is listed on the site.
Thanks Crash! I do want to call and ask them some Q's anyway.

I see you are from S'toon. I am a mear 2 hrs away from you. Do you ever go south to Lumsden and ride with the PSRA guys? I did twice last year and this summer I am stuck in Ft McMurray..lucky me :headshake Why doesn't Martinsville open up to Supermoto?.

Sask actually has alot of sumo riders for the amount of people here. Well not Lloydminster, I am the only one for the last two years.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes the Race Tech valving will come with a video, and for the most part if you are patient and read the instructions/watch the video, you can probably install the valving. Just make sure you have the right tools and make sure you are comfortalbe with the install. I have a buisness building road race suspensions and have done quite a few MX installs from RT also. If you have any questions PM me and I will give you my cell # and can help you out if you like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts