SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. None of the categories seemed obvious for this topic. I'm sure this has been discussed before but I cannot find definitive threads on this. I prefer to wear motocross gear but want to come to a compromise with protection and comfort. So with this I ask, who has wadded up in motocross gear on asphalt? How bad did your gear shred and how bad were your injuries as a result of wearing Moto gear vs expectations of crashing in leathers? Maybe there is something I can wear underneath Moto gear that will improve abrasion resistance. If so I'd like to know about it. I'm a newb supermoto racer who's not raced yet but I want to know as much as I can before going into it. I come from the motocross world so take that into consideration. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
you're talking just a jersey up top? going down at speed I doubt it'd be significantly different than shirtless or a T shirt

if you wear armor under that, it'd still look similar but you'd have some protection. https://smile.amazon.com/EVS-Sports-Ballistic-Jersey-Black/dp/B007NVS0ZQ/ref=pd_cp_263_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=F22FRJW8DRTFS2K02HGH&pd_rd_wg=0yFdj&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=qFrcY&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=b70cacd6-e129-11e8-92bb-55b31992fc92&pd_rd_i=B007NVS0ZQ&psc=1&refRID=F22FRJW8DRTFS2K02HGH something like that (I have no knowledge of that specific one, just the first one I found on google)

as far as lower body goes, MX gear provides a little protection but still not much. I'd want hip and knee armor at a minimum.

gloves, I'd absolutely want roadrace gloves as I'd expect MX gloves to shred way too quickly and I like my hands

I've done all of my racing in roadrace leathers, roadrace gloves, Sidi Crossfire SRS2 with supermoto soles, MX helmet/goggles. I'll probably be putting together some lighter weight gear for next summer, as that's awfully hot when it's 100F.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess the pants are more what I'm referring to. I plan on wearing a pressure suit or whatever they're called these days under the jersey. I cringe at having to wear leathers but then again, I am naive. Not going to pretend like I am not.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Adventure-Spec atacama race pants are breathable, in-the-boot design, with thicker fabric. Haven't fallen off on tarmac yet though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts