SuperMoto Junkie banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Slang said:
I love the smell of that stuff. I sugested they make a cologne out of it until I realized you'de most likely just have a bunch of fat Harley guys chasing you around......

Wahahhahahaha :laughingr :laughingr :clap: :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have not had the chance yet to do back to back runs with both fuels. Im only going off of the dyno sheets that CL Bryant gave me. CL Bryant has delt with VP fuels and now sells Sunoco. VP is a good quality product and it cant be denied that most AMA teams are running VP but they have been in the racing fuel biz for a while and that has been there focus. I think you will see Sunoco in alot more bikes in the AMA in the future. Sunoco's involvement in NASCAR has opened alot of opportunity up for Sunoco and now they are making a push to be the Premier racing fuel.

Ive never had any jetting issues with the sunoco. Most of my customers swap it out with pump gas....no problem. Remeber MO2X is designed to compete with MR-9 so it has similar qualities and is AMA legal.

As far as the octain, the Sunoco m+r/2 is 115. So it provides great performace in modern hi-compression motors 12:1 and up. Most single cylinder four strokes are 12:1 or higher.

My experiance with MR-9 v. U-4 shows a 1-3 HP gain (Sport bike) with MR-9 but it isnt worth the more then 2x the cost over U-4. Now MO2X offers MR-9 performace at a cost of less then U-4

Hope this info helps

Ryan

·
Registered
25 Posts
VP has several, C12 is real common, U2 is more expensive but will give you more hp.

·
Registered
20 Posts
has anyone ever just added some octane booster to 92 pump gas? I have never done it in my bike cause I have never had a need for high octane stuff. For the european guys, are you running your super high octane stuff that you can buy at the pump (110)?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Klotz

Klotz is also a good race fuel, smells good too. I used to run it in my yfz 450. I ran 108 and it made a difference. Klotz has lubricant products too; they're out of Indiana.

AP

·
Registered
1 Posts
U4 is for 4 strokes period not just singles. Other brands make equal or better fuel such as the Sunoco MO2X. It makes equal to more HP then the MR-9 by VP but at way cheeper prices. MR-9 and MO2X both make more power then the U4.

U4 is not used by any Pro Motocross/supercross teams as it is illegal. U4 is illegal in all AMA pro forms of racing. MR-9 and MO2X are legal in Roadracing. And MO2X is legal in Motocross and Supercross. Supercross and Motocross pro racing has a special blend of VP fuel but the name escapes me right now.

U4 is oxygenated and leaded as is MO2X and MR-9
If you run the U4 you will need to drain your tank and run a little pump gas through it before you let it sit longer then say 2 weeks. U4 will gel up and clog your carb.

MO2X you can leave in your bike and it will not gel.

Also MO2X is 115 octane so it would run great in your XR. Anything with 12:1 compression or higher will run good on high octane/oxygenated fuel.

Hope this helps, If you have any more questions pm me. I am in the race fuel biz for Sunoco if you cant tell and want to help any way I can

Ryan
Hi Ryan ; would like to know if i can used Sunoco 260gt plus on Husqvarna FS450 it has an FMF complete system,13.6 piston , Athena 0.1 thinner base gasket for more compression. Any advise is very much appreciated. I live in south America and its the only race gas i can get. Thank you

21 - 27 of 27 Posts