SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls, the other day I was gonna go pick up my WR250X, but with the freight and assembly it was like 9000$. So I tought of it and I decided I was gonna go used for my first bike, I can get either a 09 WR250R with over 1000$ in upgrades for 5g, or a 09 stock WR250X for 4.9g, so I was thinking, wich is the better purchase, because I was still thinking about putting sumo tires after the knobies go out. so, I just want to know from others too :D Well I was thinking WR250R, but I believe we all know the X looks way better, but mehh, hard choice!!! :hammer:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
get the x. wheels, tires, and brakes will cost more than the "1000$" the R has.
where are you located? i seem to have seen 2 deals exactly like that browsing CL here in TX

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
get the x. wheels, tires, and brakes will cost more than the "1000$" the R has.
where are you located? i seem to have seen 2 deals exactly like that browsing CL here in TX
Btw, thanks for the tip, I didn't realise that, also I believe that it would be also cheaper to buy off-road tires for the X

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
youre not going to be able to find true mx style dirt tires for 17" rims. you could go with something like the avon danzias or whatever theyre called

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I LOVE the look of the X, like the bike more, but I'm just scared I won't be able to go in dirt, I bet it will, but I just don't want to pay that much for the street, but looking at VelvetCows videos, im quite convinced it is good enough :D well I will keep you informed on my buy.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
oh, yeah. the x is ok for the dirt. not really for hill climbs and stuff or really sticky mud, but a little track/trail duty is alright. riding dirt with the street tires will make you a better rider

·
Registered
40 Posts
I Bought an X in December, its an 09 with 1500 miles, picked it up for 3500. Keep looking man, deals are out there. Probably not as many in the spring, but youll find one. I love the X. It replaced a bike that was boring me. I have had it off pavement too, it does OK. Good luck with your search and welcome to SMJ. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts