SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The island of Oahu (where Honolulu and Waikiki are) has over a million people on it, so any decent roads are going to get their share of hooligans. Well, this road is on a mountain called Tantalus which is only minutes from the dense urban center of downtown Honolulu. As you can see, even at just after sunrise on a Saturday morning, there are simply hordes of people on it, especially at the beginning with all the cyclists. Keep watching to the end and the road opens up some and becomes quicker. At the very end you get a glimpse of the view of Waikiki and Honolulu. Spectacular road and scenery.

Edit to add: This is the route we took in the vid. Beginning point is at 110 foot elevation; summit is at placemark "U" at 1,600 feet; placemark "lookout" is ending spot at 700 feet of elevation.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Very CooL- Looks like a blast -
I am surprised the road is so clean-

U guys are very lucky -

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a great road. Just sucks about the traffic. But yeah, video got better after the 3:30 mark!
Yeah, the beginning section (bottom of the mountain) has all the houses, driveways, cyclists, joggers, intersections, and cars. The middle and upper section are where the glory happens. What really chaps my ass is that they allow the cyclists to have a race time trial from bottom to top one Sunday morning a year. They get police assistance and block access to the road for a few hours. I ssooo wish they would allow this with the supermotos and Karts. It would be Hawaii's own little version of The Isle of Man.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If there is a place to rent a SM there, I may have found my next vacation!
Nope, no supemoto rentals on this island. You can easily rent Harleys, crotch rockets, and motor scooters, but who wants to do that...? I think we might be able to hook a fellow junkie up with a ride if you make it this far in to the middle of the Pacific Ocean. :D

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
a friend of mine is over there right now cruzing a rented Harley for vacation -
He is one Lucky guy -
he is a NBC TV camera man and covers the White House so he fallows Obama around the world -
He has my Dream Job -

You are a Lucky man Too -

-

-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts