SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a copy of a PM I sent to another member, but have not heard back as of yet... Maybe you all can help me out....

Can I ask you a few ?'s

1> Top speed?

2> Speed/RPM's in 6th on hwy cruising?

3> How is the bike with all the flat/straight roads (I'm in South Florida, but do go to kart and road race tracks)?

4> Feel the bike is capable of sitting ~80-90 mph for a sustained amount of time (30 minutes - 1 hour)?

5> Average mileage between fuel lights?

I really want one, but I'll have to get rid of my R1 as I can only afford 1 bike now... I had a few KTM's before, but I always had the luxury of a sport-bike as a stable mate...

·
Registered
545 Posts
I've ridden a friend's a few times .

-top speed- Gets to 110 reasonably quick then accel. tapers off , KTM says 120 . Probably close to that I would expect.

-6th Gear RPM's . It turns about [email protected] .

-He rode it for an hour on the highway @ 80mph when I took him to pick it up . No vibes and with stock pipe he said you couldn't hear the motor at that speed .

- Fuel Range . Light comes on after 2.5 gals have been used . 135mi 1st tank , 110mi 2nd tank

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've ridden a friend's a few times .

-top speed- Gets to 110 reasonably quick then accel. tapers off , KTM says 120 . Probably close to that I would expect.

-6th Gear RPM's . It turns about [email protected] .

-He rode it for an hour on the highway @ 80mph when I took him to pick it up . No vibes and with stock pipe he said you couldn't hear the motor at that speed .

- Fuel Range . Light comes on after 2.5 gals have been used . 135mi 1st tank , 110mi 2nd tank
That helps.... Keep em coming!!!

Thanks... :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the talk and insight today Gonzoid!!!

Good luck with yours.............:thumbup:

·
Registered
569 Posts
i just had mine on the highway this morning, 6th gear at 67 mph was about 4500 rpms....i couldn't go any faster, had a sherrif unit right next to me lol, i think he was checking out the bike....

haven't tried top end yet, get a few more miles on it before i go all the way up

it cruises nice on the highway, i did run it the other day at 70 for a few miles, was surprised how well it rode....

·
Registered
340 Posts
1. Haven't tried to max it out yet but I think around 115 mph
2. 85mph @ 6000rpm
3. The bike is awesome on flat straight roads don't know about race tracks yet.
4. Definitely capable of doing 80-90 for 30-1 hour. I did it the first day!!
5. I only added $2 of premium gas since I got it from the dealer last week and I'm at 155 miles now.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just had mine on the highway this morning, 6th gear at 67 mph was about 4500 rpms....i couldn't go any faster, had a sherrif unit right next to me lol, i think he was checking out the bike....

haven't tried top end yet, get a few more miles on it before i go all the way up

it cruises nice on the highway, i did run it the other day at 70 for a few miles, was surprised how well it rode....
1. Haven't tried to max it out yet but I think around 115 mph
2. 85mph @ 6000rpm
3. The bike is awesome on flat straight roads don't know about race tracks yet.
4. Definitely capable of doing 80-90 for 30-1 hour. I did it the first day!!
5. I only added $2 of premium gas since I got it from the dealer last week and I'm at 155 miles now.
:hmmm:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Will ya just friggin buy one of the damn things and quit procratinating........here before loong they wil all be gooooooooooooooooooooonnnneee, bish.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will ya just friggin buy one of the damn things and quit procratinating........here before loong they wil all be gooooooooooooooooooooonnnneee, bish.
No shit... I think I'm just gonna go do it tomorrow....

This would be a "no brainer" if we just had some damn twisties down here.... :rant:

Nothin'... Just doin some thinking about what you all are saying........ :D

·
Registered
728 Posts

This would be a "no brainer" if we just had some damn twisties down here.... :rant:

boooo! no twisties???!!!???!!! thats dookie! supermotos are all about the twisties. still a good bike though. got 800 miles on mine now and i still love it. :bike:

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
boooo! no twisties???!!!???!!! thats dookie! supermotos are all about the twisties. still a good bike though. got 800 miles on mine now and i still love it. :bike:
Only if you count the on/off ramps......... :damn:

I get my fix at the track... A little kart track mixed with road race tracks...

Other than that.... All straight......... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Only if you count the on/off ramps......... :damn:

I get my fix at the track... A little kart track mixed with road race tracks...

Other than that.... All straight......... :rolleyes:
I rode the SMC yesterday! :thumbup: If you plan on staying onroad get the DUKE!!! :infrandom Oh yeah, the SMC's seat is terrible!!! :D

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I rode the SMC yesterday! :thumbup: If you plan on staying onroad get the DUKE!!! :infrandom Oh yeah, the SMC's seat is terrible!!! :D
Your biased........ :infrandom

Seriously, besides the seat, anything that felt different?

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you are mostly on straight roads, freeways and the like, I wouldnt buy a 690. Highway speeds, and wind arent fun. Atleast for me. Just my 2 cents though.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you are mostly on straight roads, freeways and the like, I wouldn't buy a 690. Highway speeds, and wind aren't fun. At least for me. Just my 2 cents though.
Thanks for your honesty.... I had this exact thought going through my head today as I was coming home from the dealership...

I really hate where I live when it comes to riding........ I'm really thinking that a single (as a primary bike) is going to get rung out with all the highways down here...

·
Registered
2,285 Posts

I'm in the same boat.... no twisties at all... some sweepers about 90miles from me :laughingr I still love supermotards for the quick acceleration and hooligan type of bike that they are.... I have found them to be an absolute riot in town... I know I will get in trouble on one some day but hopefully I won't be dead in a ditch somewhere like I will on my turbo busa. :arsenal

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn... Old thread dug up...

Well, I did the 690 SMC thing as a primary ride and (unfortunately due to the roads down here) I ended up selling it....

Here's what I replaced it with......:pimp:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Damn... Old thread dug up...

Well, I did the 690 SMC thing as a primary ride and (unfortunately due to the roads down here) I ended up selling it....

Here's what I replaced it with......:pimp:

nice bike,

yeah you can blame me for digging up old threads.... I'm educating myself on the SMC as I'm thinking about purchasing one this spring. I have gone thru all the SMC threads thru page 50. I'm going to try and get thru all the pages so I may be digging up a few more. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts