SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am about to start on my supermoto build and have come across a thought of mine. I am from Texas and you must have a High/Low beam light for it to pass inspection. Would I be able to have 2 LED Light bars and use 1 as the “Low” and have both running for the “high” lighting? Or does anyone suggest a better route to tackle the lighting problem of mine? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Generally the high low on leds runs them at 20% powere or so for low. What brand are the light bars?

Skene makes led dimmers that let you program the brightness. You also have to think about the legality of your lights. Some lights are dot legal some are not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I am about to start on my supermoto build and have come across a thought of mine. I am from Texas and you must have a High/Low beam light for it to pass inspection. Would I be able to have 2 LED Light bars and use 1 as the “Low” and have both running for the “high” lighting? Or does anyone suggest a better route to tackle the lighting problem of mine? Thanks!
One option is to run 1 led that is sufficient as high beam and use an led-compatible dimmer for low beam. For example, I use a Skene Design dimmer with a Baja Designs Squadron light. It works great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
One option is to run 1 led that is sufficient as high beam and use an led-compatible dimmer for low beam. For example, I use a Skene Design dimmer with a Baja Designs Squadron light. It works great.
Just saw Matt's reply. He's right about dot legality. My Husaberg wasn't subject to inspection because I bought it new.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is only if you want to go really cheap and easy.... years ago I had my 85 XR250 inspected for street use. I put a On-Off-On switch on the side of the headlight housing..... Since the inspection was during the day (and I only planned to use it during the day) as you switch through the "off" position on the light goes out and then comes back on!!
It got the box checked off, my inspection signed.... and, the bike only had one single headlight element! :sneaky: Switch was bought at ACE hardware

1 - 5 of 5 Posts