SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a questin i have a 2010 690smc with a wings exhaust with db eater in pipe, DNA air filter, and stock lid, the evo1 lid to loud for my taste. The problem is that there are 2 different akro maps out now for just a slipon pipe, they both same the same thing. I do not know which map is the newest one, the ktm shop has no clue either. I loaded map number km765EU0800231FIMap and the Km765eu0800231Epmap the other day runs good but not perfect, it dies on cold start up never did that with stock map, and idle is all over the place sometimes. Went back to ktm shop today to put my stock maps back in. I wanted to try the other slipon map number km765eu0804031EPmap and the KM765Eu0804031FImap but was scared because i am tired of riding to there shop if it does not run good 2 hrs away sore butt!!! Out of the 2 maps i do not know which one is newest one, seems nobody knows. I am to the point i might just by a pc5 now that its out and run with it, and now my bike is running right. I just don't want to drive 2 hrs evertime i want to try something out. THe pc5 is so easy to work with. So what is your guys opinions. Plus if you guy want all the fuel maps out for the ktms's right know go to www.tomhamburg.net/KTM_Tune_list.html they are all there. I had to show the dealer this sight, because they did not have the maps. So right now the stock map does not run bad with my setup, i just want the fueling to be right.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Dsmooth, everyone here says stock map will be too lean for a slipon and air filter. I do not know which map is which but my guess is one is for the evo 2 kit recently introduced. It wont be long before somehere here knows the answer...sit tight

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what i have read on the fuelmap website all i need is the plug for my bike and i can download my own maps.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Did you do both maps, the TPS and the ECU? I had mine flashed with the Akra map, and they did the throttle reset, and the bike runs flawless. Oh, and I'm using the Wings end can too. I did the Euro airbox cover also. You might want your dealer to call my dealer and find out which maps they are using. I just ran the bike hard around the deals gap area, and the bike never hiccupped once!
Here's a quote from other posts that I saved.
1.Ummmm I'm gonna have to completely disagree with you there.... It comes from the factory seriously lean causing it to stall out a LOT.
And it's very simple to do.... Just change the end-can and get your local ktm dealer to re-map it then change the airbox lid to the performance one.... Can't get much simpler than that
I changed my pipe and had the latest map put on and changed out the air box lid and it's never run better and I've had it from new and I've put 600 miles on it since and it hasn’t stalled once, instead of the 30+ times in the first 700 miles of its life and it has seriously woken the bike up.
http://www.villagemotorsports.net/
Village Motor Sports - Grand Rapids
3661 Plainfield Ave NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Phone: (616) 364-8481
Fax: (616) 364-4745
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they flashed both the FI AND EP, but from what i have read u load the FI map first let it idle to 15 minutes then do the EP map turn on bike but don't start turn throttle all the way open then close, then turn bike off and its done. On mine they just loaded both maps same time then let idle for 15 and said its done. Ran good, but had problems. I wanted to try the other akro map it says slipon to, but did not want it to have problems. I just want somebody to tell me which on is better, i am going to look into buying my own ECM cord for bike and i could load all these maps my self. Does any body now were to get one.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does nobody now which map to load the 231 or the 4031 map for a slipon. I have searched everywhere not many answers. I just don't want bike to stall on start up like it did with the 231 map. Plus when u remap both the FI AND EP should u rest the TPS at the same time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
seems like the KM765EU0804031EPMap is newer, judging by the bigger number
but i'm only guessing

KM765EU0800231EPMap smaller number

Maybe you should buy the cable and use TuneEcu, fuck dealers

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does nobody know which map to load that sucks i was going to dealer tommorow i guess i will give the 4031 map a try and see if it runs any better. Plus one more question i can score a nice deal on a akro pipe for my bike instead of the my wings pipe. I just want somethings a little quieter. Out of the 2 which one do u guys think is quieter.

Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
Just get the cable and use tuneecu.

Downloading a map takes 30 secs :bannana:

·
Registered
451 Posts
I would guess the akra and the wing's are about the same sound output if you have similar db eaters in them. I dont know about akra but my wing's came with 2 db eaters. The wing's is a "clone" of the akra. I bought the wing's and spent the extra $500 the akra would have cost me on other parts!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts