SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right, I'm thinking of upgrading my brake system since my current MC is letting me down a bit when I hit the track. I allready have the 6pot beringer caliper installed on my bike but I'm not sure what size MC I should go for. my parts guy is recommending the 17.5 mm MC, the funny thing is I can't seem to find that size in the beringer online catalogue, they only list a 10, 12 and 14 mm.

I don't want a very firm feeling when I squeeze the lever (I actually prefer a bit of a spongy feeling as weird as it may sound) so I surely don't want to end up with a MC that's too big.

guys that run this set-up, what size MC are you running and any feedback will be appriciated, thanks.

·
Registered
879 Posts
hello. i have same caliber as you do, (i have whole beringer system) beringer mc is 12mm and works great with 4/6pot caliber. dont know if brembo 12mm works same way but i am so happy with my system, worth every penny.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mate, get the Beringer M/C (12 or 14mm i think?). That was the advice I got and just to make sure I tried it with a more "standard" sized M/C off an Aprilia SXV (brembo 16/16 or 16/18??), and it was pretty wooden, needed two sometimes three fingers to pull up.

Beringer M/C feels like it needs bleeding all the time. So soft it will pull back to the bars. But you're doing stoppies before you get a third of the way there.

·
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonne get the beringer, that's a sure thing. I'm just not sure about the size I need to get.

seems I misinterpreted the 17.5mm my parts guy qouted me. the BR12 has a 17.5 mm piston diameter, the BR10 has a 14.5 mm piston diameter so that clears some stuff up. now it's just a matter of which one to go for, the BR12 or the BR10...

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just checked, and the one I've got is the BR12. I would have thought a smaller piston diameter than mine (without a different lever ratio) would be too spongy. But this M/C thing confuses me from time to time, so I wouldn't be sure.

Either way, one finger stoppies with the 6 pot and BR12, that much I do know. ;)

·
Registered
879 Posts
check their web site or ask your dealer what is the best one for you. as devo i have br12, if i did understand correctly their catalog suggest br12=17,5mm (br10 shoud be used with orginal caliber). hope this helps. anyways great brakes, you wont be sorry

·
Registered
22 Posts
thanks for the info guys, going for the BR12.
I have the BR12 with my 6pot caliper incredible also I have another 6pot beringer on another bike with the Magura 195 (12mm) Radial Brake Master Cylinder works almost the same, the BR12 does have a bit more bling though.:thumbup: but performance comes first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts