SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps looking to buy a 610SM here soon. I'm selling a (way too squishy) BMW 650 xCountry. Don't like the bike much, but I like the motor in 650 -- smooth for a big single. Same motor as in the F650GS, etc. for many years (mine's a 2009). Rotax.

Anybody know how the 610 motor compares at highway speed? Looking for "smoothness..." feedback. I've ridden some big singles that rattled my fillings out, so I don't want to go back to that!

Thanks...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
add comment...I'm not talking about power...just about how the motor feels at 50+ mph. Power is plenty for this old guy.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just bought a 2000 610sm. It is a lot smoother than my xr650r but it does have a higher gear ratio in top gear. Even keeping up with socal traffic I am under 5k rpm, most of the time just over 4. I am not sure if I had the xr geared higher if it would have been better, but first would have been ridiculously high then. I like it a lot going down the freeway has no trouble, I got 45mpg on my ride up to glendale last night and I definitely wasn't taking it easy :anim_peep:

·
Registered
342 Posts
ive ridden my father in laws 650gs, and compared to that motor, its almost as smooth but has a lot more grunt. cruising at highway speeds will be no issue, i love my husky, it does it all.
if you plan on doing a lot of highway, youre gonna need a new seat, and thats it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts