SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - I don't know if it was like this from the factory, and I just didn't notice it until now, or if something happened...

But I was showing my friend the back fuel cap, and I noticed that after pointing out that it wasn't in the front, that the front part of my seat was totally loose and not latched. The back part of the seat was latched properly, but the front part wasn't inserted into that piece properly, and was just sitting on top of it, meaning front of the seat was free to move around a lot if no one was sitting on it.

I tried to take off the seat and put it back on properly, but it seems like the metal triangle piece that is attached to the frame, is too wide for the slot in the front of the seat. I can get it into the slot a little but because of the triangle shape, but eventually the shape becomes too wide to let me push the seat all the way forward...which means the back latch of the seat doesn't line up (it's off by about half an inch).

I dunno if I'm doing this wrong or something, but I cant get the front of my seat to go into the slot far enough for the back of the seat to latch. I was trying this for half an hour, and had a couple friends try it too.

My only guess is that someone put the wrong metal seat bracket thingy (the piece that is attached to the frame near the head-tube) on the bike...which I seem to find very unlikely. Or my friends and I are just idiots and don't know how to work a European designed seat...

If I can't figure this out, I'll post some pics tomorrow and see if yours may look different that mine...

Or...after looking at the owners manual...I may be missing (or it somehow worked its was off my bike) a screw somewhere that the seat is supposed to be slid into, rather than the whole triangle piece...

·
Registered
271 Posts
your missing the little bolt thing that the notch in the seat hooks into , it should be where the hole is on the matal bracket .

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your missing the little bolt thing that the notch in the seat hooks into , it should be where the hole is on the matal bracket .
Yep, I just saw a picture of it on page 129 in the manual. I don't have a spare of that bolt/screw. So I am just going to use the ones that were holding on the reflectors on the back of the license plate. Its the same size, just a different head to the bolt/screw. I'll put a nut and loctite on it too so hopefully it doesn't fall off again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts