SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
noticed the other day that my lower radiator hose was leaking on my 625 smc so tightened it up and topped off the radiator the leak stopped but now it wont stop puking fluid out the overflow and its not overheating.... what gives

·
Registered
29 Posts
I heard this could be bad water pump.

Your run it in low gear high rpms it hapns to race bikes

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Make sure you are not over filling the radiator. There needs to be air space in the top of the radiator for expansion.
It could also be a leaking head gasket pressurizing the coolant.

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
I heard this could be bad water pump.

Your run it in low gear high rpms it hapns to race bikes
that don't make sense, and a 625 smc aint a racebike...

noticed the other day that my lower radiator hose was leaking on my 625 smc so tightened it up and topped off the radiator the leak stopped but now it wont stop puking fluid out the overflow and its not overheating.... what gives
sounds like you simply overfilled.

fluid needs to be about a cm above the radiator coils. any more and the system will burp coolant until the excess coolant is expelled.

if it keeps ditching coolant even when the level is correct, you got another problem (radiator cap, head gasket leak, etc...)

Hey Dude

I had a similar problem that turned out to be my water pump impeller with a stripped key.

Check out my thread

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/show...na-SM-610-Coolant-Leaks&p=1277091#post1277091
the chances of that happening on a different make and model bike are slim, have yet to see it happen on a KTM

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
that don't make sense, and a 625 smc aint a racebike...

sounds like you simply overfilled.

fluid needs to be about a cm above the radiator coils. any more and the system will burp coolant until you're back at normal operating pressure, meaning when the excess coolant is expelled.

if it keeps ditching coolant even when the level is correct, you got another problem (radiator cap, head gasket leak, etc...)

the chances of that happening on a different make and model bike are slim, have yet to see it happen on a KTM
You are the man Skully.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts