SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
figured the title would express my goal with this project. been planning this project for a little while, and a recent thread made me start. 2006 sv650 engine in a 2006 crf 450 frame heres a few pics. i have a long road ahead but figured i would share what i have so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
wow looks like a pretty big project, have you seen it done before??

lot of work involved there....

keep us updated man looks like a wicked build!!!

:clap::thumbup:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Awesome project!

Personally, the multi-cylinder sumos kind of take away from the simplicity and beauty of it all, but I'm always impressed with a good project!

Definitely going to follow this one

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
havent seen this one done yet but figured i would go for it. my plans are to do a big bore when its done. so if all goes to plan it will be a crf v twin with around 90 hp

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think around 50 pounds more. but it will end up being a little more as i will have 2 throttle bodies and dual exhaust.

·
Registered
28 Posts
wow i have a sv. they weigh around 425 wet and make about 70 hp at the wheel. so this should end up around 75 lbs less.

are you going to put a bigger wheel/tire on it? SV has a 160/60

sv cranks like to snap when they are highly tuned. slipper clutches are suppose to help this.

SVrider.com is a good forum if u need any info

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it should end up being around 275-300 lbs ready to ride. i will do a final weight when its done. the engine will be plenty reliable with 85 hp. the motors capable of a lot more but then as you said when you get into the 105 hp area you have to worry about reliability. for the time being until this project is done shes going to be stock

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm going to do the same thing with an xr650r engine this winter. Are you going to reweld the cradle back in or secure brackets to the engine and have it act as the cradle? Great build. Looking forward to see how it goes for you.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm going to do the same thing with an xr650r engine this winter. Are you going to reweld the cradle back in or secure brackets to the engine and have it act as the cradle? Great build. Looking forward to see how it goes for you.
going to build the frame similar to aprilia frame. the engine will be a stress point of the frame. getting some metal this weekend to start mocking up the frame work should have her welded out in a few weeks. pics to follow

·
Registered
205 Posts
Quote Originally Posted by randomzg View Post
aprilia slayer that will be 100x more reliable too
I agree with ApTard...

Sounds like a fun project though.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts