SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to see if any so cal riders are going to the Pro race in Seattle WA on Aug. 19th & 20th trying to figure out how to get a bike up there and figure it all out

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
I live 10 minutes from the track so If I can help answer questions or ? please let me know....

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
im going :thumbup: im going to drive up to sacramento and meet up with a few guys and we are prob going to pack a trailer and make the drive from there. The rez pony guys are going as well. you tryiing to figure out a way to fly up? its only 1145 miles from my house :headscrat

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes trying to find a way to get the bike and a box of extra stuff up there so we can just fly up on Friday morning and Fly home Sat. night First day of Senior year of High School is on Monday morning

·
Registered
535 Posts
Any Hotels/Motels within walking Distance of the track?
No, most of the hotels and motels are about a 10 minute drive from the track. Auburn is the nearest city, lots of accommodations and other businesses on the main strip. No buses that run out there, but there should be enough people coming in to carpool with. I don't live as close to the track as Brian, but I can provide a ride as needed from a hotel to the track, provided that you leave your pits set up over night. Check out the Washington forum and get a conversation going over there, I am sure that lots of people would be willing to help out, maybe even provide a floor to crash, thus saving hotel costs.

·
Registered
9,673 Posts

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Kent, WA and Covington are MILES closer. C'mon WA peeps. Let's be giving out better and more up to date info for our friends from all over that are coming for this big event. No sense in having people chase all over for great accomodations, only to find out there are places withing a couple of miles that may be available.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
how far is the air port from the track? got a friend thats thinkng of flying up, but we would have to drive from the track to pick him up, thanks guys

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I might drive my truck and trailer gas and plain ticket are about the same But driving i will have everything i need and can sleep in the trailer. I have room for 4 more people and 4 more bikes what if we were to get a good car pool going from so cal anyone want in and help cover the cost of gas?

·
Registered
431 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Actually that is the best for advice for Hotels, Auburn is the closest. Kent is a little further away and the city of covington doesn't allow hotels. Airport is 25 minutes from the track, but a few of the hotels in kent and auburn have shuttles for free if your staying at there hotel and it gets you 15 minutes closer.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I'm flying out. After driving to Colorado for Pikes Peak I don't want to do any road trips for a while.

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Here is a link for the track.....it has a maps tab somewhere to give you ideas on the location... http://www.pacificgp.com/ ask If you have questions, I or someone else local will help...:D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Bring a set of rain tires. The weather up here is doing crazy stuff, it was low 60's and raining Saturday and Sunday. However, note that the track is really grippy and very abrasive, so plan on using hard compound tires regardless of the conditions.

I can provide some transportation and beer runs over the weekend. I might have some room on the floor for a couple of bodies if anyone wants to camp in the basement. I live an hour from the track and commute back and forth so it's not a big deal to have a crasher or two at my place. PM me if you are interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts