SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my local dealer says there is NO WAY they can go lower then $7,700 out the door. that includes almost $500 in tax, over $500 shipping from california (im in ohio), and a $500 assembly fee. this seems outrageous to me. that is $1700 more then the msrp. i understand the sales tax and possibly the shipping... but, come on. here is the kicker... i talked to him for over an hour and he said if i dont buy it, someone will so he did not seem worried about it. the makes me so angry but no other dealers have them in and the ones ive talked to said it will be hard to get them. lemme know if im just being a cry baby.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd say that's way too much. We got ours for 6800 otd, and I kinda think we could have gone lower. but they had one left, and the other shop that only had one sold it right before we got there. So we were more worried about getting one than haggling for it. If there aren't any more in the area, you probably won't get a deal though. But for 7700, you could get a lot of other motorcycles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow. Over list + shipping + set-up. Harley dealer pricing.

He may be right, someone may pay that. You have to decide if it is going to be you. I paid list + sales tax, no shipping, no set-up.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I just got mine in hawaii where everything is so much more and I got mine for 6600 otd

kevin

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'de pay $12000 if I was you!!!! But I work at a dealership! :) lol..jk jk.

·
Registered
239 Posts
:)
what would you pay? is there anything i can do to get a better price? i just think that is out of control.

The Bike is popular. So...You can only negotiate if there's no one else that wants it. If one of the Saleman that works there wants the bike. They may be posting a high price on it to make the bike available for them at a later day. Does that make scence?

Negotiation is tricky at a motorcycle dealership. Some people are great and know what to do. Others just ask for a good deal and get laughed at. And they either walk away without there bike or they buy it for too much.

Try asking to talk to the Salemanager. Sometimes they will say ok and you may get better help. Sometimes you maynot. Be careful though. If one person in a dealership dislikes you, it spreads to the parts and service dept. And then your done.

$6800 is a fair price that allows the dealership to make money and your getting a great bike. Most dealerships need money right now. But if you have more questions. Ask and I will try to help.

KO:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:)

The Bike is popular. So...You can only negotiate if there's no one else that wants it. If one of the Saleman that works there wants the bike. They may be posting a high price on it to make the bike available for them at a later day. Does that make scence?

Negotiation is tricky at a motorcycle dealership. Some people are great and know what to do. Others just ask for a good deal and get laughed at. And they either walk away without there bike or they buy it for too much.

Try asking to talk to the Salemanager. Sometimes they will say ok and you may get better help. Sometimes you maynot. Be careful though. If one person in a dealership dislikes you, it spreads to the parts and service dept. And then your done.

$6800 is a fair price that allows the dealership to make money and your getting a great bike. Most dealerships need money right now. But if you have more questions. Ask and I will try to help.

KO:D
so where do you work? :lol:

·
Registered
239 Posts
no other dealers in your area ,you should"nt pay more than $6500 & personally i think thats still 2 much for a 250.
I disagree and agree. i think yamaha priced the bike well. And with how many bikes have been made, not everyone is gonna be able to pay 6500. And your right. 6500 isn't giving the bike away. But with a Fuel Injected 250 with many othere new perks I think the bike is priced well by Yamaha. Supply and Demand is life. If you have 7 people willing and able to buy something at a higher price. Demand is up. If you have a high supply of bikes which is not true on many areas, demand also goes up...and price goes up too. And that's what the dealerships are banking on. Inpatiant customers that want the 250x now. Dealerships are given 1 bike for the year in some areas. Others get 2-3. And some areas get none. If they only have 1 for the year, there not going to discount the bike. And the price of that bike will be all subject to the Sales Manager at that store.

KO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it just sucks. all i want is the stinkin bike and they really dont care. he said if it does sell... he should have no problem getting another in but that is beside the point. ugh.

·
Registered
239 Posts
it just sucks. all i want is the stinkin bike and they really dont care. he said if it does sell... he should have no problem getting another in but that is beside the point. ugh.
I feel you man. That is lame. I wanted my bike so bad. We had it sitting on the floor for two weeks before I could buy it. Anytime someone asked about it I told them they should buy a DRZ cuz it was more power. :) little did they know I wanted the bike. It killed me having the money but not being able to buy the bike because my dealer wanted to hold it for a customer instead of an employee.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Another thing to consider is how full is the showroom? It may seem like an odd question but I know with gas prices the demand for bikes has skyrocketed and dealer showrooms around here (northern Utah) are looking pretty slim. It could be that the dealer has marked-up all their remaining bikes to reflect demand. Within a week after I bought my bike (for 400 under MSRP) a friend bought a new FZ6 and every Yamaha dealer he went to wouldn't budge from MSRP if not over. They wouldn't even budge much on accessories. For all we know the dealer in question has already sold multiple WRX's with increasing prices on each one.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Legend.....there are few used in the for sale section......low miles and decent pricing......that will save you from buying from that stealership near you. But if you are like me, I would want a brand spankin new one.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts