SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
PC5, You snooze, you lose! Where were you guys 6 months ago? I am still doubtful that this thingis actually available. I am a little curious as to how it works though!!

·
Registered
859 Posts
It's probably ok for dialing in fuel. I've never had any issues with power commanders before.

Too bad though they have no control over ignition timing or throttle servo control.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took my Duke to a Dyno last thursday, and the guy there couldn't understand the problem with making a Powercommander for this bike. A PCV is only controlling the injectors, and if he could get the signal from the right TP sensor he said that he could use a PCV from another single and make it fit the 690 without any problem.
As long as you're able to measure ACTUAL throttle position, he couldn't see any problems with fitting a PCV on any bike..

I know the PCV doesn't have any ignition control, but it's still a lot cheaper than the Vortex unit, and TuneECU is useless for anything else than deactivating the O2 sensor and SAI system...

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
bout damn time... hopefully they will continue to develop it along with changing the ignition timing. :rolleyes2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts