SuperMoto Junkie banner

1081 - 1100 of 1101 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Horn

One thing i did to my 12 klx was relocate the horn up behind the left hand side plastic. Gives the bike a lot sleeker look. Ill get some pics of mine when I get a chance

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 09 that I bought about 7 months ago. 5,700 miles now. Fairly stock... Full FMF exhaust, Acerbis hand guards, Continental tires... I'm looking for a dirtbike-style rear fender -- for those of you with those fenders, which ones did you get, how did you have to modify them, and what brake light did you end up using?

Also, looking around at carburetors -- TM 33 seems to be a reliable bet. Any word on this?

All these bikes in this thread are so beautiful :D:D:D:D

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
From what I have read the tm36-68 is probably one of the easier swaps along with the Bill blue tm33 kit.
I'll be going to the 300cc jug over the winter and will probably do a tm36-68 along with that.

just threw an Acerbis SM front fender on mine the other day.

For the rear a 2006-2008 kxf250 fender will work with some trimming.

·
Registered
6 Posts
^Thanks! I've actually been researching carburetors for awhile today and have read that the TM-36 will fit easily but might be too much carb for the stock 250cc displacement. I'm not sure what this means in terms of how it affects actual running performance. The TM-36 would be preferable as the Bill Blue TM-33 is pretty expensive, but if the bike can't handle the bigger carb for whatever reason (what is that reason?) I'll go with the 33.

Acerbis front fender looks good!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So basically a bigger carb may loose a small amount of torque in the lower RPM range and gain in the higher revs. Ultimately what you really get to the rear wheel depends on a bunch of factors and the specifics of your setup. I think either carb will provide a significant improvement in throttle response over the CV. The tm36 is very tuneable and wont come setup for your bike so if you pay someone to tune your bike the cost gap is not as significant.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I won't be paying anybody to any of the work. I'll do it. I'm just not sure how much it would really matter for my style of riding to have the 33 vs. the 36. The appeal of the 36 is it's fully adjustable and fits very well, but the 33 is probably more suited for the motor and I do not plan on increasing the displacement. I'll do some more looking around. :) Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Spooned on a set of Distazia's , mounted some hand guards, installed a programmable CDI, finished opening up the airbox and re-jetted

Fun little bike now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
D-Tracker X 250 2009, Mods Swingarm Yz250f 2015, USD Kayaba 48mm,triple clamp stock, hose brake hel, handlebar Protaper Fuzion, hand guard Acerbis, muffler Pro Circuit Ti5, fuel tank IMS, Rims Ninja 250, FF KTM supermoto, Headlight Virus, Hose Radiator HEX

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
I’m surprised with the intro of the new FI version there isn’t any recent post. Funny I have never riden with or even seen another sf or sumo converted klx. Go figure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1081 - 1100 of 1101 Posts