SuperMoto Junkie banner
661 - 680 of 682 Posts
Hope you don't get a douche in a bad mood when you have it inspected. The mirrors, rear blinkers and the front blinkers are not DOT compliant. Just saying.
Inspected for what? This was registered for street from the dealership floor ha. No inspection nessasary, I actually had my license plate befor I even bought my Baja designs light kit.

Even if I did, our family owned shop is Ca licensed for brake and lamp inspections for that sorta thing. I'll do my own inspection lmao.

9 outa 10 bikes I see have way less equipment or smaller bar end mirrors. Luckily motorcycles aren't very prone around SoCal to be hassled by cops unless your caught riding real reckless speeding then they will start adding in things like illegal mods to the ticket. I ride by cops daily, lane split up next to them at red lights. Not a single one has ever even looked or cared about blinkers. They are plenty visible and bright when I actually do use them. especially the rears are sorta big and ugly from what I normally have. I don't even have rear blinkers on my DRZ. No cop or anyone has ever said a word.

Kx250 if you read my next post you should've got the jest of the first post.

Okay you have the dealership "inspect it", gothcha. Our local dealership used to do the same, "you want a plate on that? No problem".

I'm in the Inland Empire, I'm old, grumpy and a downright a$$hat when it comes to the man messing with my fine day of riding with some BS crap. And yes I will stand there and rant and rave and call him an idiot, Ahh the luxuries of having an awesome driving record, and no warrants. And this my friend is where an impromptu inspection can occur. I definitely get the double take more often than not, most or just trying to see if it is tagged or not. Stopped? Often, too often, "you left that stop sign/light a little aggressively back there" is their favorite line. And on motorcycle awareness week, you ride?, you will get stopped. Beginning and ending of the riding season and a couple other weeks just because.

I just pointed it out so that if someone was going to do an inspection it wold suck to get denied because the mirror was too small etc. Hang the ugly legit stuff on it, get inspected, install the cooler stuff and then worry about a fixit when it happens.:headscrat

My 2015 WR's first outing with her new track setup: Beringer brakes, Excel/Talon wheels with Metzeler slicks, Akra full exhaust. Also the first outing for my new gear: custom leathers and gloves from Heroic Racing Apparel, A* SMX-plus boots and a Bell Race Start lid. :rock:

661 - 680 of 682 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.