SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just ditched this (which would have been perfect for three supermotos)

for a 5x8 woodtop flatbed with a gate (ramp thingy) for some more versatility and ease of loading bigger bikes onto, that looks like this (not my picture)

not i'm wondering what's the best way to attach my ratchet straps (some kind of eye bolt bolted into the frame?)

whatcha got?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bonus points if the bike is ON the trailer :D

·
Registered
637 Posts
Here's my DRZ on the HF trailer. Back of the trailer isn't on in this pic, but it's the same as the sides.

DRZ400SM3.jpg

That was on the way home from buying that bike.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what do you have the bottoms of the ratchet straps attached to (where they meet the trailer)?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I've got 4 eye bolts, one at each corner. Through the plywood and then through the trailer frame beneath. Once attached to those, the only way the bike is moving up is if the trailer comes with it.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got 4 eye bolts, one at each corner. Through the plywood and then through the trailer frame beneath. Once attached to those, the only way the bike is moving up is if the trailer comes with it.
cool, i'm im the middle of drilling mine for eye bolts. have to let my cheapie drill cool down a bit, haha :headshake

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice, yeah, that's what i'm doing right now. the front of the trailer is semi-boxed (3 out of 4 sides) so i went through the top metal, the wood and through the bottom metal

·
Registered
1,812 Posts

This interior shot isnt mine, but very similar setup, I have the e-track all the way around it. Very rarely gets used tho

·
Registered
372 Posts
Here is what I have now, it's configured a little different now.

Then I bought this (back in the sportbike days)

I sold the enclosed because I really didn't need it. It was nice and I could still get 15mpg pulling it with my Tahoe. And before anyone asks, I only did one track day with the repsol plastics on, here is the track bodywork. (I sold the Repsol too - Iraq deplyment money...:rolleyes:)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is what I have now, it's configured a little different now.

you did have straps on the front of that cbr when you were moving, yes? seems like a lot of stress on the swingarm if not

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
new trailer.. pulls so much nicer. i think something was out of balance on the old one :headscrat

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here's my Harbour Freight trailer setup:

I've also got it setup to take two of those clamping dirtbike wheel chocks for a pair of dirtbikes. The storage bin on the front is a Rubbermaid Actionpacker. I flipped the axle to make it lowered vehicle friendly. Next step is fabbing something to hold a gascan.

Took some time to get it all setup how I wanted it but it's worked out awesome for me. Hard to beat for the money :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts