SuperMoto Junkie banner

7701 - 7720 of 9918 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Xr400 in process of gradual conversion...

Ok, here's mine...

Was buggered when i got it, gradually replacing everything with black/carbon and searching for wheels.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Last day of February ...

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Looks sweet mate, i thinking of getting that headlight for my CRF, what's the light out put like on it?
Jake
Sorry, to jump in, but I had that light on my Kawasaki 636 and the output was horrible. 2 20watt bulbs. Not DOT legal, but they do make one that is brighter with a single bulb that is DOT legal. The led blinkers are great though!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Jeffofvtown- Looks awesome!! +1 for another 2stroke on the streets.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry, to jump in, but I had that light on my Kawasaki 636 and the output was horrible. 2 20watt bulbs. Not DOT legal, but they do make one that is brighter with a single bulb that is DOT legal. The led blinkers are great though!! :thumbup:
Ahhh glad I haven't ordered it yet then, can higher wattage bulbs be brought for these?
Who makes the DOT legal one?
Jake

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Ahhh glad I haven't ordered it yet then, can higher wattage bulbs be brought for these?
Who makes the DOT legal one?
Jake
You could, but I would caution against it. The light bulb is essentially a track light bulb for home use, think the bulb was MR11, I got a replacement at Lowe's when one burnt out on mine.
The Dot one is made by Acerbis as well, it's the Acerbis Vision HP.

AVAILABLE HERE---->http://www.friendandfriend.com/Acerbis-ACERBIS-LED-VISION-HP-HEADLIGHT-detail.htm?productId=10793117&source=searchbar&ez=Acerbis Headlights~q=bidaa21zztidaa1606zz~r=~
[Disclaimer- not my bike, but here it is on a bike]

...and just for a shameless plug, here is the vision on one of my former 636 bikes

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yeah I had that light on my 625 and the light output was FUCKING TERRIBLE.
Like, I would have been better of holding my cellphone out in front of my helmet (probably would have lit up the road better anyway)

They do look cool as hell with the LEDs wired as turn signals (I had mine wired as running lights) but as far as actual useable light output, there is none.

I can not recommend this headlight for anyone who actually rides in low-light conditions.
If 100% of your riding is on bright, sunny days in the middle of the afternoon, then it should work just fine for you:headshake

·
Registered
62 Posts
latest photos

7701 - 7720 of 9918 Posts