SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys, first post here and im currently in the process of restoring a kawasaki kmx125 and 17" conversion. at the mo im all replacing fluids and cleaning oil pump, reeds, carb etc as there all full of shite. any way i "think" my engines flooded. it will not start so i whipped the plug out and its wet and smells of fuel. i looked down the plug hole and the top of the piston looks to have residue on it. i have had the bike running perfectly before but i had to dump the tank as the inside was like a horror movie of rust and filling the carb bowl with the same crap so instead ive filled a syring full of fuel and attached it to my fuel line. so i think injecting the fuel with the syringe has flooded the engine. how do i fix this issue guys. thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
You engine is probably vacuum or gravity feed by the fuel tank. I think, you answered your own question. The syringe probably is what cause the flooding.

You can buy kits that are used to tuning engines and such. They are kinda like an IV for a bike. A spare tank is also nice. I use spare a crf450 tank I have. It works great and is small enough to not be a problem and also is light. It also have a petcock so you can turn the fuel flow on and off.

I've tuned older carb GSXR750's with this set up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts