SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 997 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, good news on Bracebridge. The guy is more than willing to let us use it, for a price obviously, but that willl have to be worked on. He is also receptive to the idea of adding a dirt section somewhere on the track. He initially wanted it set up and torn down each time we were there, but that will have to be negotiated as well. I think as long as we construct some sort of barrier that will be erected when we are not there he will be happy.

The track is in fairly good condition for having been closed for almost 15 years. There are some large cracks that will need to be filled. He is not willing to do any maintenance on the track, so if we felt the cracks are too big we would have to fill them. Not sure what is involved, but I am sure there is a cheap solution. Maybe someone on here "knows someone"? Other than the cracks, the pavement is in good shape. It is a nice wide, technical track.

Not too many details right now, but meeting number one was a success as far as I am concerned. We might have to consider starting Supermoto Ontario as a club if we get all of the kinks worked out. We will definately need some operating capital to get things started.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the one. I looked everywhere and only found photos, never thought of youtube!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I'm gonna crash it might as well be close to home!!! There are still alot of details to work out, but the guy is receptive to the idea so it should be a smooth process. I am going to try to set up another meeting for Friday night since I am going through there bass fishing anyway. I would like a couple of more knowledgeable people to come with me as well to assess the situation. Kinda hard for me to do it having not even completed a race yet!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Same here, happy to help however I can.

Maybe we can set up a demo with a few bikes to give the track owners an idea of what we do.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So is anyone available on Friday night to take another look?

I figure we will need at least 10 guys as regulars to make the cost affordable. We could probably set it up that we have the track two saturdays and two weeknights a month to start. If we have enough showing we could do every weekend or whatever we wanted.

·
Banned
323 Posts
I can't make it friday, but any other time would be fine.. keep me posted! Like I mentioned if we can put a dirt section in I'll build it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same here, happy to help however I can.

Maybe we can set up a demo with a few bikes to give the track owners an idea of what we do.

That sounds like a good idea. Some of the cracks in the track are kind of sketchy, at least they look to be. Would need a pros opinion on the condition and then you guys could do a demo for the guy. He is already pretty receptive to the idea. It is just a matter of whether or not you guys think the track in workable. I think the cracks could be repaired pretty easy.

He is asking $600 for a full day at this point, but I think we could work out a deal with him to set a price for a certain number of days each month.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't make it friday, but any other time would be fine.. keep me posted! Like I mentioned if we can put a dirt section in I'll build it.
He has no problem with the dirt section going in. He said at first that we would have to flatten it when we left so nobody else tried to use it and got hurt. Not sure he understood the magnitude of it. I am sure he would be fine with us leaving it as long as we built some barriers to close off the entrance and exit and posted it as supermoto use only. All details that will have to be worked out before we commit.

Once we commit we will definately have to get 10-15 guys out initially just to do some work to make it safe.

·
Banned
323 Posts
I have a tractor with a loader. It could be done with that, but we would need fill brought in as it's not very good for digging out dirt.. depending on what the owner thinks, it wouldn't take much to make some wood urban cross jumps?.. just pull them off the track when done. some 2X4s and some plywood

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's not too far of a drive for a few of us to go down one day after work this week. I am good for pretty much any night really.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Urban cross jumps would be cool. I need practice in the dirt too though, well I need practice everywhere but that's another story!!!

I might have access to a 3 ton dump, just have to pay the gas from North Bay and back. Could bring it down with one load of wood chips to start as filler. I have some family down there. I will see what we can find for gravel pits that might be available to us. If we could use cheap (free) fill to do the bulf of it then a couple loads of clay base would finish it off nice. Just not sure what that stuff costs.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like the layout too. There is no super fast straight away like Batavia for me to high side on and break more bones!!!

1 - 20 of 997 Posts