SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured out the vacuum port, which was my original question. So now I need to know why I can rev the bike up and have a nice constant scream, but when I try and take off, it goes for 3 seconds and starts to putt putt and die? Could it be that I ALSO plugged a vent port???

This bike was running (with original vacuum) before I took off the carb to clean. Was running a bit lean so I attempted to richen it by moving the needle clip down. (at this time the washer was not present in the assembly). At this time, I also switch to the raptor 660 petcock and Clarke Tank.

I have airbox mod and progrip exhaust
Main jet: 140
Pilot jet: 37.5
Needle clip on the 3rd down
air/fuel screw: 2.5 or so

according to wikipidia, the town elevation is 129ft

I have cleaned the carb, taken out all the needles and jets (except for the big white slide receiver. I blew carb cleaner into all the ports and used compressed air in all the holes that let air through. Float is perfectly set, triple checked it. The needle is in great condition

In the pictures it shows the ports I plugged.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i did not know which was the vacuum port so I attempted to plug both. Now unplugged, it runs, but only in the 1/4 throttle range. If I give it more gas, it starts to putt putt and eventually stall, unless I pull in the clutch and rev it.

Could this be the air/fuel screw? I did not check how many turns it was before taking it out, when it was running. I sent Jesse an email about the extended screw and my problem. But since it cuts out after the 1/4 throttle, this indicates main jet? But the bike was running before I took the carb out. It was running with the stock petcock

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
are you kidding us ??
You are going to kill yourself or worse someone else--

I read your previous posts and you clearly have no clue
what you are doing -- brothers CBR600 you Will die-
start off with something like a scooter so you dont
kill yourself other people --

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The world cannot get enough ignorant people. Please reserve your judgment when you have no idea who I am. For I all I say you are a real life asshole because you have nothing better to do than to bash on people online, which whom you never met... If you having nothing to say pertaining to the subject please dont post here and waste bandwidth resources.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts