SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my plate for my 2020 KTM 300 XC TPI (semi-close ratio gearbox) Just for those who don't know XC-w has lower first and second gear, but 3rd through 6th the same. My question, What size sprockets? Just for reference I had a 300 XCW I supermoto'd in 2014 and I ran 13t front and 44t rear. First gear was still too low so I'd start oiut in second. My goal here guys is to tear up the canyons, run 80mph on highway with low rpm's, BUT I want 1st gear to be useful and not have a sportbike-like super tall 1st gear that I'm clutching a lot to get moving in the city. I know it's a tall order but if anyone has experience with this please help. I know about gearing commander but it confuses me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I run 15/43 on my KX250 with a wide ratio KDX trans swap. I can wheelie 3rd and cruise 65, no slipping the clutch, youre over thinking it. Run the tallest sprockets you can find.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I run 15/43 on my KX250 with a wide ratio KDX trans swap. I can wheelie 3rd and cruise 65, no slipping the clutch, youre over thinking it. Run the tallest sprockets you can find.
Thanks for the reply! I know I’m agonizing over this because I’m afraid of making 1st too tall but I think I’m going to go 15/42 and see what happens

1 - 3 of 3 Posts