SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else had trouble with the pj1 paint?
ive had 3 cans of honda silver frame paint bad or go bad, this last time around i had 2 half a cans left that will not cure.
i can scrape the crap off with my finger after 3 days, the first can i had go bad, looked like it was spitting out lint in the paint, i went to the honda shop today and found out they discontinued the shit, but can still get yamaha silver and kawi silver , but dont know how good a match to honda silver it would be, and if it the same chem base

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they no longer carry that paint they even changed the name of the paint , i bought the only two cans simular and both were not close at all.
oh well guess i'll paint it with the kawi paint .

·
Mullet Lord
3,302 Posts
While I don't have any suggestions for alternatives, I too have had bad experiences with PJ1's paints. I think that their problem is the result of paint sitting in warehouses & shops for years before being sold. The stuff never sprays evenly and it takes ages to dry (if it ever does). Sorry I can't help solve your problem, but I figured I would chime in to help save some junkies $.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i went and bought the PJ1 kawasaki silver paint , and as soon as i started sprying it started going eveywhere ,dripping on the ground running down the can , spewing large drops out on my frame , so i stopped and used the half can of honda silver i had left that wouldnt cure, and just sprayed a very thinn coat then about 10 min later sprayed another super thin coat and im just going to leave the bike unassembeled for a week and hope it cures

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i JUST Wanted to let anyone know that might use this paint , ''if'' YOU can get it to spray out of the can , the trick is very very thin coats no more then two , and a couple days to let it cure, use just enough paint to cover the primer(and let the primer cure over nite), if you try to use this paint like any other spray paint it would probably never dry .
i guess pg1 have discontinued all the silver epoxy paint , hpefully they come up with new stuff. i painted two frames and ended up waisting two saterdays scapping and resanding /repainting::rant:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts