SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The manual for my CRF150R says to replace piston, rings and pin about every 15 hours.
I use it for supermoto, not mx.
15 hours seems awfully soon, but would like input from those of you who know more than I do.
Also, when I do it, would it be a problem going to a little higher compression piston? If not, which one do you recommend?
Thanks much for the help!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
The manual for my CRF150R says to replace piston, rings and pin about every 15 hours.
15 hours seems awfully soon, but would like input from those of you who know more than I do.
Also, when I do it, would it be a problem going to a little higher compression piston? If not, which one do you recommend?
15 hours:rolleyes:

Are you bouncing it off the rev limiter into turns and cruising at 10,000 RPM's?

I suppose for racing thats resonable...but man 15 hours:infrandom

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's a joke. 15 hours. Just keep the valves checked and keep an eye on oil consumption. If it starts blowing blue, put a piston and rings in it. If the vavles start to zero out consistently, it needs a new valve train. Some people over-think it and worry too much. The bike will tell you what it needs long before it goes kaboom.

Also, a higher compression piston should not be a problem. I don't know specifically on the 150, but a 250 seems to take one fine running on pump gas. - no pre-detonation.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
X2 mines was a hi-comp piston too. runs fine on super but really loves some 100 octane
That's a joke. 15 hours. Just keep the valves checked and keep an eye on oil consumption. If it starts blowing blue, put a piston and rings in it. If the vavles start to zero out consistently, it needs a new valve train. Some people over-think it and worry too much. The bike will tell you what it needs long before it goes kaboom.

Also, a higher compression piston should not be a problem. I don't know specifically on the 150, but a 250 seems to take one fine running on pump gas. - no pre-detonation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts