SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope i like these:hmmm:..ive been through 4 sets of my Diablo Stradas
and i know what they can do for me:D
but ive read alot of good feedback on the Avons..let me get rid of the chicken strips
and see how much grip they will dish out for me....FCR39 is right around the corner:D

and a bonus shot of my American Bully ready to eat a deer:eek:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
you'll love the distanzias. when new they're incredible. schedule a sweet weekend rip. with a bit less rubber on the edge you get mud shedding capabilities but that comes at the price of a vague feeling at hard lean on pavement. however, in the dirt they're waaay better, as you won't feel like you're slipping around as much. when they get worn well, they're just another worn tire. they're lasting longer than my current rubber. After 3 back to back sets of Distanzias in the SM compound in 2 years of riding, I'm switching it up with some contiforce sm tires, but man, the fronts cupping pretty bad (I didn't think this was possible on a slick tire, lol) in only 2 1/2 months of riding, mostly just a 20 minute commute to work and maybe 4 afternoon rides!

·
Registered
127 Posts
you'll love the distanzias. when new they're incredible. schedule a sweet weekend rip. with a bit less rubber on the edge you get mud shedding capabilities but that comes at the price of a vague feeling at hard lean on pavement. however, in the dirt they're waaay better, as you won't feel like you're slipping around as much. when they get worn well, they're just another worn tire. they're lasting longer than my current rubber. After 3 back to back sets of Distanzias in the SM compound in 2 years of riding, I'm switching it up with some contiforce sm tires, but man, the fronts cupping pretty bad (I didn't think this was possible on a slick tire, lol) in only 2 1/2 months of riding, mostly just a 20 minute commute to work and maybe 4 afternoon rides!
u must have ur pressure really screwy or u got a shit tire cause my front contiforce(and back) are wearing very evenly. im runnin 22front and 24 rear in mine

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
As much as I bag on the Distanzias, it amazes me that they could do everything so well. No they're not a full on knobby off road, but they're pretty damn impressive. On the pavement, they took a long time to scrub in (around 150mi) to the point they didn't squirm around on corner entry, so be aware of that. Then they were incredible on the pavement IMO, and I loved the feel, they were rock solid and as good as some sport bike tires I've had. My biggest complaint, is I paid $330 to get 600 good miles out of a set of tires. They still had tread, they just wouldn't hold, they'd slide every time. Good luck with them.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
u must have ur pressure really screwy or u got a shit tire cause my front contiforce(and back) are wearing very evenly. im runnin 22front and 24 rear in mine
I run 28 psi but my commute isn't exactly straight or slow... I figure if you don't have a fun route you're doing it wrong.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
they'd slide every time
+1 I've never had a rear so easy to spin up; it allows for easy line adjustments via throttle input mid turn....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts