SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Tecnigas E-Nox Exhaust Pipe for my bike to give it an extra UMPH!

so i go to fit this pipe (that is made especially for my bike)

and the gasket for the but that screws into the cylinder doesnt line up -_- so i grab my hole puncher and re do it so it fitts

then i go to screw it in and when the screws are tightened at their fullest the thing is loose -_- so tomorrow i must cut the screws down

not to mention the guy in the store forgot to tell me i needed a special tool to stretch the springs that hold the pipe on to the piece that screws into the cylinder

but.. after all that is done, the holes on the pipe (for screwing into the frame) are about 10 cm away from the holes on my frame!

so i phoned the store and they pointed me to some parts in the box that look like mechano pieces! and tells me they are to help fit the expansion chamber onto the fame...

WHY THE FUCK ARE BIKES SO COMPLICATED! :(

after all this... i then get told i will need to UPJET my carb...

so i ask, to what size, he tells me he doesnt know, and sells me the only 2 jets he has for my bike in his store

and tells me to go home fit the pipe and up jet it to the biggest jet he sold me

and says if it feels not right then put the other jet in he sold me

then if thats not right and the spark plug is white, take it to another store and find some jets that are right

you dont know how confusing this all is for a 16yr old with his first bike and no bike enthusiast as a dad :(

any help? if you understood any of my story :')

P.s. My dad is super angry and wants to go to the stop and get a refund, should i be pissed of at them have they fucked me over? if so, refund here i come :( no power upgrade for me :/

· Registered
265 Posts
basically youre either gatting raped or youre doing it wrong.. what is the extra "umph" you are looking for? most performance upgrades are pointless, unless you can already ride your bike to its limits or the bike needs it in order to run properly. i say take all that shit back and go buy your dad lunch.

· Registered
1,127 Posts
basically youre either gatting raped or youre doing it wrong.. what is the extra "umph" you are looking for? most performance upgrades are pointless, unless you can already ride your bike to its limits or the bike needs it in order to run properly. i say take all that shit back and go buy your dad lunch.
he wants more power b/c his current setup is a 50cc 2t because people in england are limited on hp on their bikes for a certain amount of time after they get their license.

To OP: My first bike was a CRF150F, so for arguments sake, it is about as fast as your current bike. i quickly outgrew my bike in both the size depart, and i was riding a trail bike on a mx track to begin with. i was able to ride faster than a lot of the 250/450 mx bikers who would ride on the "intermediate course" so i was more than able to go on the "pro-track," but my anemic little bike was literally not powerful enough in the loose dirt and i couldn't clear the jumps. it was a huge disappointment, and i would always want to increase the power and performance of my bike, but any time i would oogle at one of the 3 exhaust0 systems on the market(there really weren't aftermarket systems for that bike for a few years), it was going to be a long time to save up for a new exhaust, considering the cheapest slip-on i could get was $370 bucks. When i was about 12-13 i was talking to someone in his mid twenties after riding with him (for a week on a rented kx250f all over socal... at places like jeremy mcgraths house w/ twitch :)) he said that i could do whatever i could want to my bike back home, and at the endd of the day, I will have spent more money making my bike almost as fast as another bike in its stock form. This is really the moment i decided to not do anything to my bike other than the airbox opening and removing the spark arrestor on my stock can.

The point being: you will not have this bike forever, but there are awesome things you can do on a "dinky" little 50. Ride the piss out of your bike and spend the MINIMUM amount you can on your current bike, on maintenence etc, and save your money for another bike down the road, which you WILL be happy with. It sucks, but from what i see... it's just the best way.

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Yes, if you haven't marked it up trying to fit it, take it back and get a refund. It sounds like its not made for your bike..

If you didn't buy a hook tool for the exhaust springs..you don't "need" it, they are not too difficult to put back on.

I just line up a flathead screwdriver and smack it with a hammer/rubber mallet to get them off. That's easy, and they don't fly away and get lost, they just fall straight down to the floor. The bitch is putting it back. I use leverage with a long screwdriver to get them back on. Or two screwdrivers, Or some vice grips, or strong pliers.

Good luck with the exhaust..

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys great advice :) i think im going to save for my next bike , looking at a sumo rm125, should have more pulling power wich is what im looking for, mine goes 65mph stock, but up hills it draggs, and takes the piss to get to 65,

the exhaust i bought is suposed to fill that gap and bring the bike to 10hp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.