SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what tires are going to be better? has anybody used both? how do they compare? i know the pilot power 2ct's will cost quite a bit more but if they are THAT much better then i'll save the extra cash.

right now i currently have Pirelli dragon supercorsa pro's so not sure how either would compare. the pirelli's cost way to much to keep buying(unless they end up lasting quite a bit of miles).

just trying to plan ahead for when i need new tires. this will be for my 690 SMC.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's weird, I swear by Pilot Powers on my GSXR (on the street), but hated them on my Husky because they were way too slippery. I really like the Contis and plan to stick with those for awhile. They are made for the lower speeds and lighter bikes of SM, and perform really well. Just don't use the recommended pressures on the labels, I have found that 25 psi F/R works well on the street.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, my bike came with the pirelli dragon supercorsa pro's. i am no pro and haven't even got the tire edge to edge yet. i may soon, but not yet. i am doubting that the conti force tires will be quite as good as the pirelli race tires.... but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I like the contis a lot more than the pilot powers i had before. I did not try the 2ct tires though. But I have had my 625 at the kart track with the contis and they rock. They wear fast but stick like glue.

·
Registered
116 Posts
alright, my bike came with the pirelli dragon supercorsa pro's. i am no pro and haven't even got the tire edge to edge yet. i may soon, but not yet. i am doubting that the conti force tires will be quite as good as the pirelli race tires.... but i could be wrong.

:laughingr Well it sounds like you're the expert then. Cheers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey mcjason...
I've used both in the past.

Never had any probs with the Contis... sticky and a great SM tyre for most conditions. Would defo have stuck with them but got a rear wheel puncture right on the edge and due to needing it replaced pronto, had to go for the 2ct's as the tyre place didn't stock the contis.

Now using the 2CT's which are spot on!.... bit on the pricey side compared to the Conti SM's but awesome grip.

My humble opinion would be that if money ain't an option, try the 2ct's and if you want to save some dollar, go for the contis as they are great value for money.

regards, nJ

·
Registered
599 Posts
the stock supercorsas will grip better than conti SM.

but....

the conti SM is much cheaper and last a lot longer. they will be more than enough for public roads. I had them on my duke and a friend use them on his SMC. heats up very fast and very good grip.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a 2ct on the front and a regular power on the back (150) they are awsome when they were new, however I did do a couple trackdays last year and when I brougth the bike out of storage from winter the grip is now horible, lots of tread but they just dont have the confidence inspiring grip they used to, and they suck in dust and dirt roads. Not to sure what tire I am going with next maybe the Conti's or Avon distanzas, I just have to figure out what riding I want to do more of now. Any one use conti's in the dirt?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
oh yeah... contis in the dirt are great.... loose gravel roads i can still blip the thorttle to get my front end up and over rocks and good dips are still manageable to manual through.

but still they dont have tread so i think they would be just as good as the pp's or the 108's or the pirellis...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just replaced my pirelli's with conti's and love the conti's so far-great grip-heat
up quick and u can't beat the price-went to Tire Express on-line 208.00 for frt and
rear for my 625 shipped to the door.

·
Registered
211 Posts
do they offer the 2ct's in a 150 though??? Ive been loking around and havent seen em yet.
Look up Dunlop Roadsmart, same as 2ct, and it comes in 150, I have it on the rear and they stick pretty good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts