SuperMoto Junkie banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
How much are you asking for your YZ and what does it need? Do you know anybody that would race it? I'd hate to see the class not happen due to lack of entries.
I'm asking $3900 with wheels, brakes, suspension and a slipper. Fully ready to go. I have been putting it back to dirt form and advertising the supermoto parts separately but I can convert it back easily. It's never been in the dirt. I've maintained it meticulously. I can probably find some pics.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi guys,
I've been wanting to run Pikes for a while now, and the type of support being discussed here would certainly help make it possible for me. However, I'm not sure a four-stroke will be competitive...any thoughts? I'll be contacting PPIHC staff shortly as well as trying to round up a two-smoke.
Cheers
Steve Marty
I think a two stroke is better but not necessarily by much. In 2010, one of our local guys, Dan Berendes, finished 2nd on a 250f and in 2011 he was top qualifier but fell down in the main.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Alright. So I'm guessing we won't hear an update on the class until next week some time but if they still need a rider in that 250 class, my offer still stands. I'll supply a bike to anyone that gets accepted to run. Archie, your bike seems like a worthy candidate, and I might be interested in it but I'd have to clear it with my conscience to buy a Yamaha first, which may be asking a lot......:anim_peep:

Steve, any luck finding that 2-smoke?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Alright. So I'm guessing we won't hear an update on the class until next week some time but if they still need a rider in that 250 class, my offer still stands. I'll supply a bike to anyone that gets accepted to run. Archie, your bike seems like a worthy candidate, and I might be interested in it but I'd have to clear it with my conscience to buy a Yamaha first, which may be asking a lot......:anim_peep:

Steve, any luck finding that 2-smoke?

Let me know. I've got a line on a buyer for the wheels. I'd much rather sell it in supermoto trim and not have to deal with shipping and flaky buyers and stuff.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Hi guys,
I've been wanting to run Pikes for a while now, and the type of support being discussed here would certainly help make it possible for me. However, I'm not sure a four-stroke will be competitive...any thoughts? I'll be contacting PPIHC staff shortly as well as trying to round up a two-smoke.
Cheers
Steve Marty
Four strokes have been putting up the fastest times for years. Unless your talking the 250 class. The 4's definitely require a much faster rider to keep up with the 250 2's imo.

Also, I signed up this year again, for the new Heavyweight Supermoto Class :thumbup:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Will do archie. I'm in touch with a guy that might be willing to race. How much time do we have to find someone?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Will do archie. I'm in touch with a guy that might be willing to race. How much time do we have to find someone?
They haven't (and I don't think they will) said how much time we have so I think it needs to be quick just in case. Not everything has to be finalized, just the entry paid.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
So let me get this right youwill supply a bike for some to race? Am I hearing this correctly? I might have to check my race schedule to see if this conficts as this sound too good to be true. What is the entry fee for the 250 race?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Guys,
So I bit the bullet and completed an application...heftiest entry I've ever ponied up for. There are still a bunch of holes in my program to resolve, and I'll be contacting a few of the folks who have posted here for more details. Basically, I have until 2/15 to get things sorted...don't want to leave the class hanging, but if things are not in line by then I'm out with a refund. The good news is that so far there has been more interest in PPIHC than "pro" supermoto from potential sponsors. Thanks again for providing info via this forum.
Cheers
Steve Marty

·
Registered
342 Posts
So let me get this right youwill supply a bike for some to race? Am I hearing this correctly? I might have to check my race schedule to see if this conficts as this sound too good to be true. What is the entry fee for the 250 race?
The entry fee is $700. It is pricey and I'm certainly not going to support the huge price hike, but keep in mind this is a week long event. Not a one day thing.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi Guys,
So I bit the bullet and completed an application...heftiest entry I've ever ponied up for. There are still a bunch of holes in my program to resolve, and I'll be contacting a few of the folks who have posted here for more details. Basically, I have until 2/15 to get things sorted...don't want to leave the class hanging, but if things are not in line by then I'm out with a refund. The good news is that so far there has been more interest in PPIHC than "pro" supermoto from potential sponsors. Thanks again for providing info via this forum.
Cheers
Steve Marty
Let me know what I can do to help! I'm local here and if I don't have an answer for you, I know someone who does. Way to step up!:thumbup:

In fact, if anyone needs anything, feel free to call me. 719-337-O332

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The entry fee is $700. It is pricey and I'm certainly not going to support the huge price hike, but keep in mind this is a week long event. Not a one day thing.
Yes I know. I was going to use some parts from a local guy Chase Guthrie to help me along for the race but I backed out since I just switched jobs and have no vaction time. I know exactly how long the race week is as Chase has filled me in. Most likely I will not race this year as I will wait until next year and race my 450 if I still have it. This race is right up my alley.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts